Indoor shooting range

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Sametz

Supporting Member
Did something I have not done in 40 years, fired a pistol today. Buddy took me to the range today, not bad for this old fart!!!! This could get addicting.
default_cool.png

CIMG0789.jpg

Ray, shooting is just as much fun as racing. I go regularly to local indoor range,when the weather is nice I use the outdoor range. Get your CCW and we can have some fun when you come down.

Not bad for an old fart
default_wink.png

What kinda pistol did ya shoot ?
Bucks mark, Browning 22 target pistol. Had a brain fart
default_blink.png
half way thru the first clip, repositioned my left thumb from under to the top and OUCH the slide got my knuckle good.
default_ohmy.png
Not bad for after 40 years, at least I didn't shoot my eye out.
default_laugh.png

I'm WAY overdue to get to the range. While I know the 5.56 rifles will be no issue to sight in I'm certain I'll be rusty as hell with the .45 Glock.
default_tongue.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Heck Ray when the ORANGE DOT is 12" in diameter any one could hit it at 10 feet!! LOL

Nice shooting

Kevin

Nice work Ray.

My son turned me onto a Springfield XD-9 this morning. I think I like it!

Heck Ray when the ORANGE DOT is 12" in diameter any one could hit it at 10 feet!! LOL

Nice shooting

Kevin
default_laugh.png
6" target at 25'. Beginners luck.
default_wink.png

Nice work Ray.

My son turned me onto a Smithfield XD-9 this morning. I think I like it!
That's my problem Doug, think I like it. That's how model boating started 25 years ago!!!!!
default_ohmy.png

I'd talk about what I did at the range today, but then someone would drag it off into the usual "Obummer" nonsense so I'll refrain.

ok I have been thinking of buying my own pistol

I have shot friends pistols [ not much]

if I had 1 I would take the classes an try to be responsible about it

now for the million dollar question

which 1 ya I know Ford Chevy Harley Honda

I am thinking 9mm

let it begin oh ya

please lets keep this reasonable

mines bigger one of a kind most trickiest most bad ass most prettiest
default_rolleyes.gif

most dependable most bang for the buck
default_wink.png

lets just see if 2 of you guys can agree on this 1

Marty

On a semi auto pistol dollar for dollar in my opinion a Glock is hard to beat. Dependable, easy to clean and maintain, superbly engineered. I opted for a .45ACP because IF a situation ever happens where it's life or death, all it takes is one shot anywhere to the torso and the threat is going down.

On a semi auto pistol dollar for dollar in my opinion a Glock is hard to beat. Dependable, easy to clean and maintain, superbly engineered. I opted for a .45ACP because IF a situation ever happens where it's life or death, all it takes is one shot anywhere to the torso and the threat is going down.
I kind of take the opposite mindset, I have a 42 in .380. I figure in any situation I might find myself in, if I can't resolve it with a .380 I'm pretty much toast anyway.

Marty, my best advice is to find a gun shop with a range that will let you test fire various guns. That is the only way you will find a gun that you like, are accurate with, fits your hand (this aspect can be customized) & you feel comfortable with. If a gun doesn't meet those criteria you won't enjoy shooting it, probably won't be accurate with it & may even be "scared"/hesitant to use it. Different guns feel MUCH different in different calibers. The home/personal defense rounds available do a good job of making the calibers in the middle of the size range very effective, and those midrange calibers are generally more comfortable to shoot. Once you find one that "fits", it will be like an old friend (-; All the well known/popular guns are good weapons, find the one that you enjoy most. DO NOT shop by price only, consider them all & read reviews by owners, also gun magazine articles concerning your "short list". My personal favorites are revolvers, I can stay on target best with one. My all time favorite is my 1971 Colt Cobra Airweight with a 2" barrel in 38 SPL. Light, easy to carry & surprisingly accurate. The only variation from stock was different grips to better fit my hand, something you can do to most any pistol. Hope this helps you make your choice (-:

Marty, my best advice is to find a gun shop with a range that will let you test fire various guns. That is the only way you will find a gun that you like, are accurate with, fits your hand (this aspect can be customized) & you feel comfortable with. If a gun doesn't meet those criteria you won't enjoy shooting it, probably won't be accurate with it & may even be "scared"/hesitant to use it. Different guns feel MUCH different in different calibers. The home/personal defense rounds available do a good job of making the calibers in the middle of the size range very effective, and those midrange calibers are generally more comfortable to shoot. Once you find one that "fits", it will be like an old friend (-; All the well known/popular guns are good weapons, find the one that you enjoy most. DO NOT shop by price only, consider them all & read reviews by owners, also gun magazine articles concerning your "short list". My personal favorites are revolvers, I can stay on target best with one. My all time favorite is my 1971 Colt Cobra Airweight with a 2" barrel in 38 SPL. Light, easy to carry & surprisingly accurate. The only variation from stock was different grips to better fit my hand, something you can do to most any pistol. Hope this helps you make your choice (-:
That's exactly what my buddy suggested. Sounds like good advice to me. I'm leaning toward a revolver also, easy to collect your brass.
default_cool.png

Let me correct 1 thing, I said different guns can feel MUCH different in different calibers. I meant to say the SAME gun can feel MUCH different in different calibers.

Back