Radiomaster radios

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good deal, Mitch. Were you running with any other boats? So far, my runs were all single - no other boats at the time I was running. I assume since you are happy with the MT12 that you've not noticed any interference or control issues?

Same here, I love my edgetx and ELRS radios both air and surface. I putting the polish on my lua scripts for a countdown/laptimer for boats.
Allen,

Cool, I downloaded the lap timer from, I think, Radiomaster's site. Works well and I like the ability to save every run/lap for later analysis. Are you writing your own lap timer?

Allen,

Cool, I downloaded the lap timer from, I think, Radiomaster's site. Works well and I like the ability to save every run/lap for later analysis. Are you writing your own lap timer?
Yes, it's very similar but has a countdown start timer. it will tell you when the race is over but will keep counting so you can continue to run laps. A good practice tool.

Good deal, Mitch. Were you running with any other boats? So far, my runs were all single - no other boats at the time I was running. I assume since you are happy with the MT12 that you've not noticed any interference or control issues?

No, I don't have anybody to run with near me, so I'm a lone boater.

Mitch and Allen, Which RX are y'all using? I'm not using the receiver shipped with the unit. I got an ER5Cv2 with the longer antenna. It's tucked inside my radio box...all seems ok so far.

Mitch and Allen, Which RX are y'all using? I'm not using the receiver shipped with the unit. I got an ER5Cv2 with the longer antenna. It's tucked inside my radio box...all seems ok so far.
I am using it for racing with plenty of other boats. No issues.
For RX I am using the ER5Ci you don't really need the antenna unless you need to get through carbon fiber. I have also used the EPW6 same as in my planes. they work fine as well. I have also used the Matesys CRSF-PWM-6 with a Radiomaster rp2. This setup allows me to log GPS on the radio.

Why get the longer antenna if you’re just laying it in the radio box?

I dunno...experimentation. It's cheap enough to try. Saw some docs that said it was recommended. I'm setup for external routing as well, and the last few years have just kept the antenna inside (Futaba radio gear). I've never used ELRS before, so I'm trying a few different things.

I am using it for racing with plenty of other boats. No issues.
For RX I am using the ER5Ci you don't really need the antenna unless you need to get through carbon fiber. I have also used the EPW6 same as in my planes. they work fine as well. I have also used the Matesys CRSF-PWM-6 with a Radiomaster rp2. This setup allows me to log GPS on the radio.

Good deal, thanks for the info. That's the device I was looking for. I was looking for a way to get a GPS unit working with it. That's the next set of experiments - GPS and a temp probe.

Last edited:

I've used the RX that came with the TX, as well as a FlySky IA4B. No issues with either besides some swamping when testing things on the bench. The IA4B's are cheap, work great, and have quite a few telemetry options for voltage, temp, rpm etc. I haven't really played with the telemetry yet (no real need) but I've got a handful of sensors in the drawer in case I want to try it out.

Specs for operating range?
Anybody do any testing?

Grim

I've read some range specs for ELRS - but I'd have to go dig it up. Likely a doc on the web somewhere. I know the car guys are getting ranges that are more than useful (out of sight). The FPV car folks really stretch it.

My testing has only been laps around the pond. Haven't noticed any difference.

What receivers are you using for telemetry?

Hey Oscar - I'm just using a radiomaster ER5Cv2. Which the stock RX would do the same. No telemetry other than the built-in RX voltage, yet. The other guys will have to chime in with that. Allen did mention the Matesys CRSF-PWM-6 with a Radiomaster rp2, which I'm looking into to learn more. Mitch also noted the FlySky IA4B, so that may be worth reading up on.

The ER5C can also monitor external pack voltage if you connect up a wire for electric boats. All ELRS pwm receivers can be setup to go serial on a couple of pins which can then use the HOTTS protocol to talk to HOTTS sensors, although the sensors are expensive.

Cool, guess this is a good start. I ended up getting the rp3 with dual antennas

Attachments

• 20240829_132103.jpg
    20240829_132103.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I'm 100% Futaba, but I like the "open source" concept (I'm also a Linux guy). There are one or two guys I know flying helis with ELRS. I'm all for the technology, but after posting around on RCG and such, it sounds like the hardware specifically the QA is not mature enough yet. That is one reason it is so inexpensive. Most guys stated they where fine using it on drones as well as foamies and inexpensive aircraft, but not really anything with a substantial investment.

Cool, guess this is a good start. I ended up getting the rp3 with dual antennas
What else did you use to get all the way to gps? Just curious if you went the same route as me.

I'm 100% Futaba, but I like the "open source" concept (I'm also a Linux guy). There are one or two guys I know flying helis with ELRS. I'm all for the technology, but after posting around on RCG and such, it sounds like the hardware specifically the QA is not mature enough yet. That is one reason it is so inexpensive. Most guys stated they where fine using it on drones as well as foamies and inexpensive aircraft, but not really anything with a substantial investment.

I use it in all my planes. The biggest I have is 85". I will say that I'm all electric. I do use it in my Gas boats, so that covers being around ignition.

Latest posts

Back