New Project by MikeP

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
West Systems epoxy at this climate seems to do well under 80 deg. any higher and it gets bubbles like Don mentioned. It seems to be worse in the cold weather. If I keep the resin, hardner and project warm it helps alot.

Mike

Following Tom's picture, It looks like I might be able to mount the motor where he indicated.

I needed a part like this and was going to use 1/8" piano wire. Decided to see if I could mold my own using large fuel tubing, it had about an 1/8" ID. It turned out to be 3 grams, piano wire would of been 15 grams. The diameter varies from .122 to .126

"WOW" I know what that is. It's a drive shaft! Instead of an "S" bend he's going to use a "U" bend. :blink:

My guess on the "U: bend is the sponson boom. Just a guess, but you are going to laminate it to the hull to keep it from turning, & then make AOA adjustments on the sponson itself. Am I close? :p

MikeP said:
I needed a part like this and was going to use 1/8" piano wire. Decided to see if I could mold my own using large fuel tubing, it had about an 1/8" ID. It turned out to be 3 grams, piano wire would of been 15 grams. The diameter varies from .122 to .126
Wow, pulling some CF tow through some fuel tubing to make a curved rod, now that's some "thinking outside the box" :blink:

ok, I thought it was bigger than it is.. it is a brace to keep the engine & stuffing tube in line with each other

Ok looked t hrough over and over and over again, ITS A RIGGER, Looks to be a .21 rigger.

He does awesome work, and to carry out not saying anything about it, and just posting pics has alot of people "wondering"

LOL Mike, great job.

Tom

Latest posts

Back