• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Boats For Sale PT STEALTH sport 20

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or the 413 max wedge ?

Those were the first real muscle cars …
Them 426 Stage III Super Stock Max Wedge's were badass....13:1 CR, but them, Z11 Impala's, etc., wouldn't run with the '69-'70 muscle.

'67 Z/28's were alright, but '69 was pinnacle with 2x4 cross ram (Smokey designed) option and 4 whl disc brake option.
'67-early '68's were small journal.

The holy grail 302 was the canted valve semi hemi, all aluminum unit. Dang near unobtainium. The later SB2 heads were a spin off of those.

on-stand.jpg
DSC_0008-5-1.jpg

Sir, you know exactly what the answer to that question is.....'69-'70 era muscle cars were quicker, faster than anything from the era you mentioned....come on, John, you know better than that....stock vs stock, mod vs mod. 😉
Tim, a ole buddy of mine told me "They quit buildin' real cars when they took the key off the dash" LMAO yes, I agree we still had tire melters till 71'
Trade sport 20 for BBC parts? we have to stay on topic..

My Two Girls, 2014 Shelby GT 500, 6 speed 1993 Mustang GT. 5 speed. Real Cars has 3 pedals!
Never been a Ford fan, but credit to where credit's due, Ford did have some badass muscle throughout the years....I do like the late model Shelby's....styling, straightline performance, etc., but there were a lot of the GT500's that were blowing up right out of the showroom.
IMO, Ford was/is trying to pull too much power out of too little displacement with the Trinity/Predator engine family.
That Shelby GT350 flat plane was cool, but Ford couldn't solve the vibrational issues inherent to flat plane design.

The one that really miffed me was the Boss 429. That Mustang wasn't very quick....Ford needed to homologate that engine to run in NASCAR. But, by putting it in the Mustang, they really had to sacrifice on the intake manifold to get it into Mustang engine bay. That really killed the rpm potential, thus power output. Great design, though, as was the 427 FE SOHC engine.

Anyway, nice Shelby you have there.

Never been a Ford fan, but credit to where credit's due, Ford did have some badass muscle throughout the years....I do like the late model Shelby's....styling, straightline performance, etc., but there were a lot of the GT500's that were blowing up right out of the showroom.
IMO, Ford was/is trying to pull too much power out of too little displacement with the Trinity/Predator engine family.
That Shelby GT350 flat plane was cool, but Ford couldn't solve the vibrational issues inherent to flat plane design.

The one that really miffed me was the Boss 429. That Mustang wasn't very quick....Ford needed to homologate that engine to run in NASCAR. But, by putting it in the Mustang, they really had to sacrifice on the intake manifold to get it into Mustang engine bay. That really killed the rpm potential, thus power output. Great design, though, as was the 427 FE SOHC engine.

Anyway, nice Shelby you have there.
Agreed, the 427 SOHC were bad ass…
As well as the 460.. they make great stroker motors for big cubes.. see lots of them in boats and off roading…
my brother had a F250 highboy, and I built a 598ci stroker for him.. thing was a monster !! Torque for days!! And it really wasn’t all that expensive.. heads were a little pricey, but all in all it was relatively cheap!

Latest posts

Back