PayPal hackers - be careful everyone.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hackers are tricky, the email notifications I received contained the Int Waters logo headers giving them the appearance of being legitimate and the questions and answers were typical of any purchase or PP transaction I have ever made.

Last edited:
sounds like YOU got hacked [and i use the term lightly,,i REALLY dont think civilians are hacked as much as ur passwords are weak and you use a p/c AND your network isnt secure. hackers dont have the time to not be hacking a bank or large business worth millions] tho the real reason for me commenting is because im curious --what questions?? i use paypal once a week on average [3times this week] and i dont get any q and a

sounds like YOU got hacked [and i use the term lightly,,i REALLY dont think civilians are hacked as much as ur passwords are weak and you use a p/c AND your network isnt secure. hackers dont have the time to not be hacking a bank or large business worth millions] tho the real reason for me commenting is because im curious --what questions?? i use paypal once a week on average [3times this week] and i dont get any q and a
Can happen to anyone, I’m a 42 year commercial banker and I was fooled. All I’m saying is make sure you are speaking or communicating with a trusted source and not an impersonator pretending to be a legitimate seller.

Frauds in the financial realm are increasing daily where these hackers are forever evolving their method of attacks.

I too have successfully used PayPal for almost as long as it’s existed and this week was my turn to be targeted.

Stay vigilant everyone.

Just got hacked through PayPal on the purchase transaction for Andy’s mono, trying now to have it stopped.

Be careful everyone, our site has been hacked.
And that's exactly why I rather transact off thread.

All social media and special interest forums are huge targets....and it's only going to get worse....best security is through bank to bank, like Zelle, for security, no third party. Virtually all banks are imbedding Zelle into their features.
Still, it's prudent to be careful with whom you transact with.

Best wishes in a speedy, full resolution, Greg.

Encryption, two factor authentication, and a stout VPN service helps.
There are more portals in which they can penetrate, too, then have been mentioned here....a separate acct. within your bank, where you can move exact amounts into for specific transactions, is another option for self financial preservation....attach payment resources to that acct only.

Latest posts

Back