Oberto ready for spring testing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's finally finished! The new Joe Meceri hull made up as the 07 shark boat. This boat is the prototype boat of sorts and will be tested this week end weather permiting. Did you hear that Kenny? Bring your props.

100_0922.JPG

It's finally finished! The new Joe Meceri hull made up as the 07 shark boat. This boat is the prototype boat of sorts and will be tested this week end weather permiting. Did you hear that Kenny? Bring your props.

Awesome!!!!!!! Do you have any pictures of the front wing controls? I am contemplating different design mechanisms for a scale I have in the works. Thanks

Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice Wes,

Hope she runs as well as she looks!!

Dan

Wes Joe's last name is Moceri. Joe, sent me pictures of his last night with no paint yet he sure does great work and fast. Yours does look good with that paint scheme hope it runs as fast as it looks. Joe is an unbelievable builder Scale Cars, boats sport boats Gas boats, and even good rigger hydros.

Wes Joe's last name is Moceri. Joe, sent me pictures of his last night with no paint yet he sure does great work and fast. Yours does look good with that paint scheme hope it runs as fast as it looks. Joe is an unbelievable builder Scale Cars, boats sport boats Gas boats, and even good rigger hydros.
Joe told me last night that his honey do list is about a mile long right now from working on boats for so long. I could sell like a hundred of these boats right now but I'm not sure how many he really wants to make.

Awesome!!!!!!! Do you have any pictures of the front wing controls? I am contemplating different design mechanisms for a scale I have in the works. Thanks

Kevin
This is the best I got. It took 3 trys to get it right. I wanted it to be weak enough to have flex if it hit a bouy but strong enough to be operational. The arm on the canard needs to be really long to have enough torque and I don't want alot of movement right now. Just enough to lift the nose a bit through the turns and alot of down when you have do turn left to dodge the slow guys like Phil Thomas :rolleyes:

100_0907.jpg

Wes, Your boat turned out awsom. I wish I had a lake in my back yard. Im rigging mine this week and taking some pictures for the assembly manual. I will need your help on the graphics for the 07 York U-10. Im trying to match the blue and yellow paint off pictures from Chris Denslow web site. If anyone know the paint codes for these colors let me know.

I have started a album with the new scale. Please check out. Ill add pictures as the build progresses.

Wow. Very Nice. I can't wait for mine Wes.
Scott
looks awsome!!! That would be my nexted size to build up!! Cant wait to test my 1/12 Oberto version soon. I guess this is the year of Oberto!!LOL!!

This is the best I got. It took 3 trys to get it right. I wanted it to be weak enough to have flex if it hit a bouy but strong enough to be operational. The arm on the canard needs to be really long to have enough torque and I don't want alot of movement right now. Just enough to lift the nose a bit through the turns and alot of down when you have do turn left to dodge the slow guys like Phil Thomas :rolleyes:

How is the front wing attached? It will break away with out damage?

You shouldnt have to turn left to dodge me You wont be that close HA

How many spots were you behind me and Ryan at the end of last season??

It will probably get damaged if it breaks away but something like a bouy hit it will strip a small brass retainer screw before it affects the rudder controls.....at least that's the plan.

Last year was just practice for this year. I was dragging a led weight to get the feel of the Madison last year. I'm gonna be huntin da big dogs now!

It will probably get damaged if it breaks away but something like a bouy hit it will strip a small brass retainer screw before it affects the rudder controls.....at least that's the plan.
Last year was just practice for this year. I was dragging a led weight to get the feel of the Madison last year. I'm gonna be huntin da big dogs now!
good looking boat Wes. Looks like scale is going to be tough this year

Cowboy you need one of these so we can go deck to deck or nose to tail

I think Kennys workin on him. Problem is, he thinks he has to be politically correct. He will not race a boat unless it has the right beer name on it.I think it Heinakin or something like that

I think Kennys workin on him. Problem is, he thinks he has to be politically correct. He will not race a boat unless it has the right beer name on it.I think it Heinakin or something like that
switched beers to Miller Lite.......trying to shed a few pounds but it doesnt seem to be working..........havent had time to build a scale this year might have to rent one. ;)

switched beers to Miller Lite.......trying to shed a few pounds but it doesnt seem to be working..........havent had time to build a scale this year might have to rent one. ;)
EMAIL me for a copy of the rental agreement......... I have RED boats and a Orange one could even hurry a Short Circuit the nose is like your BELLY BIG N ROUND

EMAIL me for a copy of the rental agreement......... I have RED boats and a Orange one could even hurry a Short Circuit the nose is like your BELLY BIG N ROUND

Everybody always wants to pick on the fat kid. I will have my lawyer draw up the rental agreement better read the fine print :lol:

Everybody always wants to pick on the fat kid. I will have my lawyer draw up the rental agreement better read the fine print :lol:

if it dont run it will find a rock :lol:

Back