3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Craig,

The water and reacing was EXCELLENT on the Sunday just gone :) The old Faithful Villain/K&B won the day with 2 2nds and a 1st, next was Greg with 2 1st and a DNS or DNF. hehe

Got one back on him from the Vic Champs now anyway ;)

Kris

Hey Craig,

The water and reacing was EXCELLENT on the Sunday just gone :) The old Faithful Villain/K&B won the day with 2 2nds and a 1st, next was Greg with 2 1st and a DNS or DNF. hehe

Got one back on him from the Vic Champs now anyway ;)

Kris

ya and aarons gadjet craft f1-11 with os went realy well he got 3rd over all my wof just dont seem 2 want 2 get up when kris is around :lol: brett tyhe 10 year old got 4th or 5th with his hot shot and jaspa's tt went realy well just didnt finsh a race i think

laters dion

that would be a dnf after leading from the start

i got a little trigger happy with the onboard mixture

it was good to see the old dpi still had the legs on everyone else

team jassp had some poor luck with the nem sissi :D

well done kris we had a couple of reall close races

the old b outboard was good fun

3 starts 3 blowoffs but the crowd liked it
ya b out board was fun just 2 boats i think the crowd liked it wen u were running in lane 1 and i went under you greg :lol: :p

laters dion

hey all i just found out why my 3.5 cmb ls ob was going so crap on the week end my top bearing is stuffed iam gona order a new set this week

laters dion

hey all i just found out why my 3.5 cmb ls ob was going so crap on the week end my top bearing is stuffed iam gona order a new set this week

laters dion
hey all just want to thank mark j and jason s for sending the pics any 1 else please send me any pic's of ur ob's

laters dion

ps thanks kris those k&b parts came 2 day i have taken my cmb off and put the k&b on gona give it a run on friday after work

laters dion

laters dion

hey Dion

That motor should be about 18 months old and seen lots of run time so a sugestion for you is I replace my bearings every season or earlier if I am doin a big race meet. If they fail it can destroy the engine so keep em fresh mate.

Dave

Hey Guys

Well another interseting day at Penrith today

saw

Ginos Nemisis really start to shine,after a late night and plenty of work it arrived to day fitted with a new engine :p

CMB?,Nova? you ask

No a Piped K&B 7.5

Let me say this looked right at home on that boat with a little work on cleaning up the weight issue so it looks good i think we have a very good 7.5 Outboard in the club.

There is a pic in my gallery.

Had to leave and missed Tim Ds Tunnel run so hopefully Tim will fill us in when he reads this

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Greg, appreciate all your assistance today too mate.

Yes, the Nemesis does like that piped 7.5. Seems to handle it very well.

I was test pilot for Tim's boat today and man does that Tiger have some go, this will definitely put a cat amongst or should I say tiger amongst the pigeons.

Take care

Gino

hope it starts working well for you Gino.

Ive heard about the trying time that you have had with the boat.

I;ll be there at the winter spectualar to catch all the action.. cannot wait.

also on another now.

Does any body have a lawless strong arm 3.5 flex shaft for sale, or ordering some time soon. I would like to get one plus a spare.

I actually snapped one, in an electric of all things.

Thanks

David K

David K

Thanks Dave,

yes you heard right, it has been very trying to say the least. Tim Duggan, Dave Hatcliffe and I threw everything at this thing only to hit a wall at the end of every testing session, so much so that it literally nearly hit my garage wall in shear frustration.

So I stood back and said well, what can we do with this thing? We've thrown everything at it except a 7.5 o/b - actually that sounds not a bad idea at 31.5 inches the Nemesis should handle it.

So like Greg said, after burning the candle at both ends I ended up with what you see in the pic.

I'll guess we'll have to see how it heat races now.

Gino

also on another now.

Does any body have a lawless strong arm 3.5 flex shaft for sale, or ordering some time soon. I would like to get one plus a spare.

I actually snapped one, in an electric of all things.

Thanks

David K
Yeppers I have them in stock....

Call me on 0412 311 111

Craig

Gino's 7.5 nemesis went really, really well once he got it tuned. It's the happiest I've seen Gino at the pond in a long time! I think when his new 3.5 boat is ready he'll be even happier! The true test will be rough water - we had awesome conditions at the pond yesterday.

We had yet another "newbie" show up with a 3.5 O/B tunnel - Greg's first Villain with a K&B on it, and there should be another newb with a lynx in the heats at Penrith in two weeks time. We're going to have to start running two heats for A O/B Tunnel at club level if everyone turns up!

Greg,

Shame you couldn't hang around a little bit longer - the WOF30 went "like a tiger!" I'm much happier with it now than I was two weeks ago, and now I can start on making some changes to net some more speed. Prop in particular could do with some tweaking......... as well as a few other little motor "adjustments" :lol: :lol:

Gino's 7.5 nemesis went really, really well once he got it tuned. It's the happiest I've seen Gino at the pond in a long time! I think when his new 3.5 boat is ready he'll be even happier! The true test will be rough water - we had awesome conditions at the pond yesterday.

We had yet another "newbie" show up with a 3.5 O/B tunnel - Greg's first Villain with a K&B on it, and there should be another newb with a lynx in the heats at Penrith in two weeks time. We're going to have to start running two heats for A O/B Tunnel at club level if everyone turns up!

Greg,

Shame you couldn't hang around a little bit longer - the WOF30 went "like a tiger!" I'm much happier with it now than I was two weeks ago, and now I can start on making some changes to net some more speed. Prop in particular could do with some tweaking......... as well as a few other little motor "adjustments" :lol: :lol:

Sounds good Tim.

How did the pipe go for you? did you manage to shorten it a bit more?

dave

Hi Dave,

I used the NR21OB w" 0.270 stinger at 8 7/8" plug to start of rear cone yesterday. It's the first time the boat has run at any sort of speed so I wasn't too concerned with making the pipe shorter, just about getting the boat to handle well and to shake off any "new boat bugs". I do think the pipe's too long at this length but I need to try a few other things before I shorten it. The TT's exhaust timing is currently a bit too conservative and I need to fix that before I shorten the header. It's also under - compressed, so I need to try a different head button config first, to see if deto becomes an issue. I'm thinking this pipe is going to be up there with the old benchmark pipe from the last time I raced TT's.... so low 50's should be very possible.

The head temp was perfect with 3 fins and the plug looked as shiny as a new one in the packet. I didn't push the limits of how lean it would go, just ran it at the point where it just cleaned out from a 4 stroke on the bench.

The FF21 #2 had it's first run yesterday B) All concerns about being slightly heavier are now completely gone ;)

It's now going into storage until April 20.

Tim.

Thanks Dave,

yes you heard right, it has been very trying to say the least. Tim Duggan, Dave Hatcliffe and I threw everything at this thing only to hit a wall at the end of every testing session, so much so that it literally nearly hit my garage wall in shear frustration.

So I stood back and said well, what can we do with this thing? We've thrown everything at it except a 7.5 o/b - actually that sounds not a bad idea at 31.5 inches the Nemesis should handle it.

So like Greg said, after burning the candle at both ends I ended up with what you see in the pic.

I'll guess we'll have to see how it heat races now.

Gino

Gino,

If all else fails, I have a really big electric motor motor for it. :) just paint the words K&B on the side and no one will know... lol... here is a site to check out an electric tunnel. Pity it is not the best driving, although the guy only had the boat setup the night before. (top 3 videos are the best)

http://www.finedesignrc.com/videos.htm

All the best with it.

hey all just finshed sanding my wof 30 back gona be painted later this week or early next week just have 2 fix up some of the crakes from racing then ifs off the my uncle who is a boat sprae painter and fiber glasser and he is gona paint it 4 me ill post pics when shes done laters dion

Last edited by a moderator:
Dion,

1st 2005 NSW Country Champ's A OB Tunnle

3rd 2005 VIC State Titles A OB Tunnle

2nd 2005 H/V Champ's A OB Tunnle

1st 2006 Battle of the Borders B OB Tunnle

Thats great stuff,

Would look even better if tunnel was correctly spelt.

:)

How many tunnel/s and classes will be at the nationals?

Dion,

1st 2005 NSW Country Champ's A OB Tunnle

3rd 2005 VIC State Titles A OB Tunnle

2nd 2005 H/V Champ's A OB Tunnle

1st 2006 Battle of the Borders B OB Tunnle

Thats great stuff,

Would look even better if tunnel was correctly spelt.

:)

How many tunnel/s and classes will be at the nationals?
hey guys just want 2 say that i am now they new owner of a 11cc K&B lap cat ob i hope 2 test it this week mabey friday if i can find some fule mabey a nother ob class :D

laters dion

ps david what are you on about it is spelt right :p

Back