2011 Orlando Winter Nationals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"When in Rome ...do as the Romans do " "Race full course mill " :D :D :D Hey i have had some fun with half mill and it has helped me and hurt me ....no problem with full mill just have to get your race brain on and make it happen !! :D

I was told that if it is on the race flier we can run it. And yes I did read G4 of the rule book. I spoke to the IMPBA District 3 Director, President and the 3 CD's for the Winter Nats. Here is where we stand. Out of the 5 poled 2 are against it, 2 are for it and 1 suggested that the 1/2 mill / 30 sec clock NOT be used for riggers, sport hydro's and 1/8 Scale.

Would this be a good compromise?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wayne - This is really silly, we will all come whatever rules are run, but isn't it getting rediculous at this point.

If Winternat's are now an IMPBA race, then run the way IMPBA normally runs. Whatever that is we will all have a great time.

Otherwise the Winternat's is a IMnaPmBAba race... :lol:

Ron Ratoff

"We race toy boats guys, just toy boats"

And hold your lane after 15 seconds???? Maybe for the gas boats doing the creepy crawly stuff but for most of us big block nitro pilots we can crank out almost a lap and half in 15 seconds. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So are you saying you bigblock nitro guys dont commit to a lane at any point during mill/race? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WAYNE CAN YOU POST THE AMOUNT OF IMPBA VS NAMBA GUYS THAT WILL BE ATTENDING-JUST CURIOUS? ALSO, I AM ASSUMING THAT ALL OF THE IMPBA RULES WILL BE ENFORCED. HOW MUCH DISCRETION IS LEFT UP TO YOU AND THE CD? WHAT IS THE CONCERN WITH THE BIG BLOCK NITROS AND THE CREEPY CRAWLERS AS THEY AREN'T IN THE SAME HEATS????

And hold your lane after 15 seconds???? Maybe for the gas boats doing the creepy crawly stuff but for most of us big block nitro pilots we can crank out almost a lap and half in 15 seconds. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So are you saying you bigblock nitro guys dont commit to a lane at any point during mill/race? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WAYNE CAN YOU POST THE AMOUNT OF IMPBA VS NAMBA GUYS THAT WILL BE ATTENDING-JUST CURIOUS? ALSO, I AM ASSUMING THAT ALL OF THE IMPBA RULES WILL BE ENFORCED. HOW MUCH DISCRETION IS LEFT UP TO YOU AND THE CD? WHAT IS THE CONCERN WITH THE BIG BLOCK NITROS AND THE CREEPY CRAWLERS AS THEY AREN'T IN THE SAME HEATS????
You have to keep in mind that some of us down here have both IMPBA and NAMBA Memberships.

At this point those who have IMPBA numbers are 10 and those that dont are 9. Some of the 10 IMPBA members are not from Florida, while all of the NAMBA members are.

Al I think the comparison was being made to the speed at which the boats approach the start is all , typically the Nitro hyrdos will be approaching the start at speed form the opposite side of the course where it seems that the Gas hydros Cats and Monos have the low end grunt to crawl a start and not flame out or hesitate as much like a Nitro Hydro . I see a Twin Nitro rigger in your future !! :D :D

Al I think the comparison was being made to the speed at which the boats approach the start is all , typically the Nitro hyrdos will be approaching the start at speed form the opposite side of the course where it seems that the Gas hydros Cats and Monos have the low end grunt to crawl a start and not flame out or hesitate as much like a Nitro Hydro . I see a Twin Nitro rigger in your future !! :D :D
JUST CURIOUS, TRYING TO SORT THROUGH ALL OF THE NITRO & GAS STUFF. WAS CURIOUS AS TO WHY THAT WOULD BE AN ISSUE, DRIVERS HAVE TO ADJUST TO THE MILL ACCORDING TO THEIR EQUIPMENT, I THOUGHT. DIDN'T THINK THERE IS AN ISSUE OF WHETHER YOU ARE RUNNING GAS OR NITRO-AND NO THANKS NO TWIN ANYTHING FOR ME!!!

Wayne

If all goes well Deryl and I will be making the trip back to Flordia this year.jj

Hey Guys its really simple, page G4 of the IMPBA rule book prohibits cutting the course. No need to argue the point. If it is sanctioned by IMPBA they will and have to follow the rules, so load your wagon and come on down to the race, dont let somebodies opinion change the facts and run off contestants. Remember model boating is fun when you follow the rules. Lets get this back on track and have some fun.

It doesn't matter to me which format is used. I don't have a problem with managing my clock time with either 1/2 mill or full mill formats. I must say I have had a lot of fun messing with people on the 1/2 mill and it has made for some fun runoff's (Hot Rod & me for 1) as well. I will address the club members at our club meeting on November 7th about the 1/2 mill / 30 second clock and let everyone know the outcome. Until then Please Give It A Rest.

We are going to limit the 90, Nitro twins and Gas twins to 4 boats per heat. I know everybody thinks this is a narrow course but the front straight was 100' wide and the back straight was 120' wide so there is plenty of room for boats to pass.

Ralph quotes IMPBA straight up, that is what it says. But don't ask him to quote NAMBA rules, here is his verbatim answer, animated in a funny, from the Dover 2 day..

To all who have or are planning on entering this, or any race through rcRacingEvents.com.

If you register as a racer and complete your profile, people can then click on your name in either the 'Race Results' or' View Attendees' section and see your profile information. Or simply click the 'Racer Profiles' link on the main page, and view a racers profile by clicking their name.

Profile information can be as little as your name and where you are from, or a much as radio, and boat info. Including setup.

For the latest attendees list (currently up to 29 racers with 96 boats entered as of 5:30 PM) go to;

rcRacingEvents.com

And click the 'View Attendees' list. It is automatically updated as racers enter.

Bill

Wayne , did I miss it somewhere ? are there pics of the event shirts yet. Want to order a couple, but would like to see em first ?

Andy

Wayne , did I miss it somewhere ? are there pics of the event shirts yet. Want to order a couple, but would like to see em first ?

Andy
Andy....There is a link where you signed up for the race for you to order your shirts. We are in the process of getting the art work finalized. The shirts will have twin rigger/riggers on it.

Andy
Stop whining and buy the shirt !!!! Rumor has it there will be Windex at the race !!
I like twins ;)

I heard Team Windex was leaving the rocketry program for a brief stop to wipe off the nitro boats and join us :blink:

Will believe it when I see it though ;)

This is my first WinterNats Bill- you had better be there ,

We can go shoot off rockets with the kids later ;)

You show for the Winternats - I will buy a rocket, Foley too :D

Andy
Stop whining and buy the shirt !!!! Rumor has it there will be Windex at the race !!
I like twins ;)

I heard Team Windex was leaving the rocketry program for a brief stop to wipe off the nitro boats and join us :blink:

Will believe it when I see it though ;)

This is my first WinterNats Bill- you had better be there ,

We can go shoot off rockets with the kids later ;)

You show for the Winternats - I will buy a rocket, Foley too :D
OH....im GOIN!...no worries about the Windex....there will be plenty to go around!! :) The only thing that im worried about with you and Tom getting into rockets.....its BOUND to become a HOMELAND SECURITY INCIDENT JUST WAITING TO HAPPEN WITH YOU TWO MANIACS! :D :D !

B Mono, B Hydro, B Tunnel and Nitro Twin Rigger Will be ready to rock for the winternats i will be present

Back