Riggers from Japan

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
twin 90's are the only twins!! there is acutally a twin picco .80 kingcraft mono floating around, ill try get over there and grab some pics for you,

Hey Dale! About the Titanium pipe: It gets hot just like the macs, but after you shutdown it cools off quickly, so you don't burn your hands when you accidentally touch it. It is polished so it is shiny like chrome.

Yes! I would love to go the Nats in Australia, the States, Korea, everywhere. Tell my better half to cough up the funds ;)

Thanks for the invite anyway. Maybe someday I will take my Kingcraft X mono down there, so I will be able to compete.

Hammer

Ill give anything a try dude, im just about to get 2 exhaust throttles for the twin!!! so ill see how they go

Titanium pipes?? They must cost a small fortune. Please tell me more!

Carbon fibre pipe's don't hold the heat either. You can hold them straight after a run.

Hey you guys, I will go to that shop tomorrow, I will try to take a picture with my digital camera, They are about 220 U.S.dollars, with the silencer. The silencer is removable with out needing tools. It is held on with two springs. Post it tomorrow night.

Hammer

$220us?????? i can buy 3 macs pipes for that!!! thats way too pricy for me!! espically for a twin that $800au just for pipes!!!

$220 US for a pipe? It would want to work very well at that sort of price. :p

At that price for a pipe & silencer it should even be able to set your needle ;D ;D ;D

Well you all are right! It is very expensive, but in Japan, a Macs+TRK silencer set is only about 30 dollars less. Consider this! For the life style you live in the states, I would need six times the salary to have the comparible in Japan. How about this! The land My house sits on cost me 1900 dollars a square meter, and I live two hours away from Tokyo where in some places you could make a stack of 100 dollar bills 10 meters high, and it wouldn't even be enough money to buy the 12 square inches of land that it sits on.

Anyway! Just in case you are interested, I will post some pics.

I went to the shop today to take some pics of the pipe, but they were sold out, so the owner gave me one that wasn't polished yet. FREE! Can't beat that. All I have to do is polish it, and it will be like the ones he sells. He makes them custom for any purpose. They're considerably cheaper if the don't include the silencer. He has even made them for outboards.

This is the whole pipe. It is made entirely of titanium. The only parts that aren't titanium are the springs that hold on the silencer. The welded on pressure nipple nut is even titanium.

I'm glad I have one of these babies, always wanted one, but I thought that there was no way that the difference in weight, quality, or performance was worth the extra money. Glad I got it for free, that made the trip to the shop worth it today ;D

Any inputs are welcome

Hammer

If someone mails me a design for an outboard pipe , I will try to have it made with titanium. Then I will test it on a O.S outboard.

Hammer

Hammer san,

How about some detailed info on that pipe please?

How wide is it in the belly? Stinger ID and length? Weight?

Looks a little like a CMB pipe I saw once except it was black. (and a lot cheaper!)

Regarding the O/B pipe I'll see what I can do for you if you like. (it would have to be lighter than 50 grams though 'cos that's what my current pipe is)

Hammer,

Can you ask him how much for a stainless one??? i need a pipe for a new mono im building with a K90 or a A100 in it, probably will use a K90 now and keep everything the same.

Dale

Hey Tim! If I knew anything about the pipes, I wouldn't ask. How about the carbon pipe that you have? Could you send me some dimensions on it, or will you get in trouble? I know that If we used the titanium, it would have to be made in two pieces. A manifold and the accual pipe. That bend would need to be stamped in a mold if we were to make it in one piece. 50grams? how much does a Garcia pipe weigh? or some other metal pipe? I don't think we could beat the weight of carbon. I have never seen anyone over here use a mod. pipe on an outboard. I know that it would be to expensive in the states of australia to be considered worth it, but in Japan, maybe we could sell some to the locals.

K90!!! If you want this titanium one, I will send it to you if you send me an aeromarine shaft and cable and a 15cc Macs nitro pipe when I order my boat. Let me know if you are interested.

Hammer

Hey Dale! I spent a few days rebuilding my front sponsons. I put the 470 on it first and got the needle back where it was before, then I put an H38 on it. It really cranks now. The H 38 seems to cavitate a lot when I launch the boat. After a few seconds it digs in. Do you think there is a problem, or is that normal for the H38? In the straights it is faster than the 470 and it doesn't porpose anymore :D , but the 470 seems to take off like a rocket as soon as the boat hits the water. With the H38, I slowed way down and punched it to check the response. It didn't seem to have any problems there. Just launching.

Let me know!

Hammer

Good Stuff Dude ;D

The H38 is a great prop, i havent run a single rigger before so i dont know if they cavatate at all on launch on the twins they dont,

We should be running the H38 on TimD's sg this weekend so we will try it and let you know,

I have 3 different props to try on the twin this weekend ill start off with the tryed and true H48's then to try i have H50's , H45's (low lift) and a ABC 67x114, the 67x114 is basically a hi pitch 1667 with a bit more blade area,

the h45's look like they will be fast, and they have 7" cup!! :D

im can see im going to be spending all saturday balancing props!! and thats one job i hate.

Latest posts

Back