Riggers from Japan

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats how we do it, but instead of the heat gun we have used boild water or the kitchen ovan if there sticky,

just take your time and you will be right,

:)

Hammer,

Put the case in the oven at 425 degrees and leave for one hour. The bearings should just drop out. If they don't push them out with a wood dowel. Put case back in oven at 425 degrees for one hour and put your bearings in a baggie and place in frezzer while case is in oven. Work quickly and take bearings and case out and drop bearings in. Push in with a wood dowel to seat and let cool. Don't use a hammer to seat the bearings, if they don't go in easy you have them cocked. If they are cocked just start over. This procedure will keep you from warping the cases.

Hey guys! thanks for the info. I will use the oven freezer method. I think that will keep the heating of the case more uniform. I have to have my buddy pull my flywheel off with a puller tool first, though.

I finally got the Hammerhead vid posted.

This is what it looks like when it is running with an H48.

It was pretty choppy that day, so I couldn't really tell the difference between different props.

http://isweb30.infoseek.co.jp/sports/rc5ta...zi/MOV02897.MPG

Hammer,

Looks good, the boat seems to ride pretty well!!

is that the size course you guys race on all the time?? it looks very small...

Get that rod fixed and go give it hell again!!!

Dale

Hey Dale! This is our practice course. It is a little bit smaller than the official JMPBA size. Not much, though. I think there are about 200 meters or more per lap. My boat is huge, so this makes the course look small. My boat is about 130cm long. I'm going to Ofuna today, and have him pull of my flywheel. I will pick up some bearings and try to change them.

Hammer (with no Hammer ;) )

Im not sure on the length of our course, i think it is around the 350m mark, ill look up the rule book!!! if i can find it!

the flywheels are a ***** to get off hey!!! i hate doing it

just take your time with the bearings and youll be fine!!

Hey Tim! Dale sent me some cool pics , including your SG. Looks hot! If you can get a vid of it

screaming across the pond post it!

Hammer

a mate of mine was going to come out to the pond and vid them for us but he hasnt had time, and i dont have a vid camera :(

Tim got a few run in, running it very rich and only with a H32 on the back, should pull a H38 and maybe a H48 if hes lucky then she will be very very fast!! :)

I really want to get a vid cam myself, I always have to count on a buddy of mine who has one. I have a digital camera, but it's memory is built in, so there isn't enough to get a clean clear video. Not that I can't get a video, but it is really fuzzy.

Tom! If you are not busy, could you take off Nitro 2's attachment. It wont load. Leave his text, but just take off the attachment.

How much is a speed gun in the states or australia? Our club has one, but it is ready for retirement. Sometimes I know I'm going really fast, but it will say I'm going 20mph, and sometimes it will say I'm going 75mph when I'm just idling. A URL will be fine, if anybody has a good one.

Thanks, Hammer

We have found that the best ones are stalker pros, they work like a charm!!

they are a US radar, and there have been a few posts about them on the RC boat list, or check out ebay there will probably be one on there.

Dale

Hey Tom! With the attachment on Nitro2's post. Were you able to see it? If so, What in the heck was it. It has had my curiousity churning.

Everytime I opened up pg.18 it would dog down my system. though.

One more thing. I think there is a guy who is interested in a FH.12. No sure thing, but could you send me some mail with some info. I will let you know later what happens by mail.

Thanks, Hammer

i think he accidently tried to attach a macromedia flash file..... the url was totally wrong.... i just removed the code.

the ff12 is not in kits yet ???

Hi Hammer. Im working with a gas rigger that dont like to corner. I feel that the cg is to far back at 5" from the sponson transoms.

With the engine so far back in japan, where does the cg end up? & do you feel it hurts cornering?

5 degrees up front? What angles are you running?

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike!

We run our front sponsons at 5 degrees and our rear sponsons somewhere between 2.5 and 3 degrees. both measurements are in relation to the bottom of the hull. CGs differ with the taste of each boater. I like to run mine at 28% from the front of the tub. I also run my turn fin with the leading edge on the CG mark. I think if you are running a narrow stance you could probably get some improvements in handling the corners by adding some width between your sponsons and your tub.

We generally handle very well in the corners, especially in rough water, compared to the standard American set up.

Let me know what you accomplish.

Hammer

Hammer

Will have pictures of the K90 that will be on its way to you very soon,

did the final machining on the head today and its nearlly all setup and ready to rock!!!

this new motor is awesome, same inside as my motors but totally different carbi!!!

dale

Hey Dale. If I decide to use the OS carb, do you have the adapter

I'm going to try the K90 carb, but I also wanna try the OS. See which one is better, and go from there.

Thanks Hammer

I dont have a adaptor, i would have to make one up, i have no idea about the sizings on a 9B carb either, they are very hard to find down here,

it shouldnt be a problem to do one tho, i would have to get some metrial to make it out of but that is easy as...

let me know.

Dale

Thanks Hammer, but how far from the front sponson transoms is the cg? And how far from them to the drive dog?

The wider booms is worth a try! Thanks

Mike

Latest posts

Back