Riggers from Japan

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes people are running mac 21s over here, and they go pretty well, it would be the only MAC that i would ever buy and the only MAC that goes out of the box.

Tim has shown me this little rigger, i will probably be painting it the same colours as the SG, might have to get a smaller gun to do that tho as the boat is half the size, have to get some more yellow paint to as im all out!!

that paint came up pretty good considering i dont have a spray booth and just paint in the open, they get a little crap in them but this one came out really flat and really glossy!!

Tom,

I was at a race meet on the W/E and MAC 21's won A mono & A hydro.

As for the FF21 - yes it will be painted the same way (when it is ready for paint). I am still going to send you some pic's very shortly.

The SG is the 80 size and I will be racing it in 67 class.

Tom, any idea how much a drum rotor for a MAC 21 costs???

Here is the pic of the .21 rigger that I will be racing. It is borrowed from a buddy. It is 1.5mm yellow birch. It weighs about 2.3pounds with a full tank. Right here it is shown with a 1450 on it. I got better results with the H7

That SG looks like it is on fire ;D. I'm going to go look at your guy's URL after I post this. Have a good one,

Hammer

hammer: 2.3 pounds! wholy cow thats light! it must be carbon fiber!

Timd: if I remember correctly the mac .21 goes for $305 http://www.rocketcityracing.com is selling it for $295 that is the engine it is designed for. it needs a remote needle, or a different carb. Mine has been very good do me.

hey TimD how is the building going? are the instructions making sense? I put A LOT of time in to making them. I know i still have to make the how to setup the boat part.... ill try to get that soon. it was designed to start with 3 shims under the rear sponson tube. are all the parts fitting the way they should? I know a couple were sized wrong that i hand cut replacements for.

for those of you that dont know Tim is helping on the .21 firefighter prototype! thanks Tim! :D

Hey Tom,

I have to say the instructions are VERY good! Will look even better with the pic's in it!

I think we are getting a little side tracked on this thread so I'll drop you an email about the FF21.

Hammer, 2.3 pounds with fuel? That is awesome. Must have very light hardware in it, right???

Tim.

Hey Dale and Tim-san!

I tried to look at your URL, but it would'nt come up for me. I think your html is wrong. Help me out! ???

Thanks for the mail and the cool pics of the SG. Fantastic coloring. Now I will have to pester you about the FF.21 ;D.

About the weight of the .21 time trial boat that I will be using on the 4th of August. It was made by one of my friends that I race with. It uses really light and small hardware. The tank is only 75ml. The engine mount doesn't have the aluminum blocks that bolt to the wall. The rubber mount shocks or the only thing between the tub walls and the enging rails on the motor mount.

It has 9003 mini servos in it. ( don't know if that makes a difference though) The case is smaller than the standard size, but they have metal gears, so I think the are pretty heavy for their size. The cowling is made of balsa and so is the radio box lid. The reinforcement structuring looks to be balsa, too. I can't really tell though, because it has been sealed with some really hard stuff. The pipe mount is FRP.

Other than it being extremely small, and the plywood being a half millimeter thinner than the standard 2 millimeter stuff, I can't find anything that is'nt normal. I guess if you add it all up, it is about 250 to 300 grams lighter than the norm. It only needs to run for about a minute, so the biggest difference is the size of the tank.

Anyway, wish me luck,cause this is my first experience running time trials.

Hammer

Hey Dale and Tim-san!

I tried to look at your URL, but it would'nt come up for me. I think your html is wrong. Help me out! ???
Try typing in the URL rather than clicking on the link. That should work.

What are the dimensions of that 21 rigger? It doesn't look "that small"....

Tim

Hey Dale and Tim-san!

Thanks for the mail and the cool pics of the SG. Fantastic coloring. Now I will have to pester you about the FF.21 ;D.
You will have to type in the url, the software on the forums dosent like the little ~ before kingcraft,

Hey! I typed in the URL. Saw the KINGCRAFT line up. I wish that we had a Free Class over here. Then I would be interested in running the Twin 90s. Nothing happening though. I know a few of us have tried to get the association to add classes, but they wont budge.

That KINGCRAFT mono looks like an AC models Magnum series hull.

Does it have steps. The reason I'm asking, is that we aren't allowed steps here. If our mono has steps, we have to race with the riggers.

How much is it? Do you ship to Japan? How much is a race tuned K90?

Your URL only said to email for info. They are 1200 dollars here after tuning, and fitted with a 9B O.S carb. If I can import one cheaper, I might just go that route. They guy that tunes them charges 250 for the tuning, but his reputation isn't that good. You guys look like you know what your doing.

Tim! As for the measurement of the rigger, It is 30 inches long. I weighed it again with a Kilogram scale. It weighed 1.1kg with an empty tank. and no battery pack in it. That is a little more than I said before. I just calculated the weight that the guy who owns it told me.

I think it is still light though. And it looks like a mosquito sitting next to my Hammerhead.

I will be running in the C mono class at the eliminations as insurance to get a ticket to the Nats. I'm running a Superior Hobbies Crest 1350.

It has and O.S 90 in it. It is very big, but it is faster than it looks, and it handles very well. I won 2 out of the 4 heats with it at the 2000 Nats. The other 2 heats, I was disqualified in one for destroying a buoy, and in the other heat I got 4th out of 6 boats. Couldn't get around the leading pack.

Included is a pic. I'm looking for more on the edge racing in C Mono. Give me some more info on the Kingcraft mono. Thanks, Hammer

Hey! I typed in the URL. Saw the KINGCRAFT line up. I wish that we had a Free Class over here. Then I would be interested in running the Twin 90s. Nothing happening though. I know a few of us have tried to get the association to add classes, but they wont budge.

That KINGCRAFT mono looks like an AC models Magnum series hull.

Does it have steps. The reason I'm asking, is that we aren't allowed steps here. If our mono has steps, we have to race with the riggers.

How much is it? Do you ship to Japan? How much is a race tuned K90?

Your URL only said to email for info. They are 1200 dollars here after tuning, and fitted with a 9B O.S carb. If I can import one cheaper, I might just go that route. They guy that tunes them charges 250 for the tuning, but his reputation isn't that good. You guys look like you know what your doing.
We run the K90's pretty much stock, only a little mod that we do, we run stock carbs. the motors are $450us can you email me on [email protected] and ill give you some more info on the motors.

The mono's are 46in long, and work a treat with a .80-1.00 and a 23cc gasser i reccomend the CMB 100 for easy fast performance, the boats have won all there is to win down here, my old one used to run in the 105km/h mark in cuircuit trim with a crapped out old CMB and used to sit on the water and hardley ever leave it!! we sell them for $310au in white gel coat with rails and transom plate installed in the mould or $330 in colour gel with rails etc. we can ship where ever you want us to ship. to get best performace you should also use the strut and rudder in the hardware page, they are simple and work very very well they are $140au, engine mounts are $80au and turn fins are $35au. There are no steps on the hull.

Sounds like a winner! One more question: Is the hardware metric. Wouldn't want to have to buy a set of inch tools. I will have to wait until this season is over, but I'm really interested, and the price is right.

Thanks a bunch, Hammer

You will have to type in the url, the software on the forums dosent like the little ~ before kingcraft,
thats right..... maybe it will be fixed in yabb 1.5

Hammer San,

The O.S 9B carbs are pretty common over there in Japan, aren't they.

How much do they sell for? They cost a small fortune here.

Tim.

Hey Tim-san! I think they are about $65 dollars. I have never had to buy one though. They always come with the engines I buy.

Tournament Sunday. I have to get rested. Long day of driving tomorrow.

Hammer

NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH!

MikeP will be giving his .21 CF Rigger it's maiden voyage today.

Let's all wish him the best of luck

Hammer

Hammerhead is going to the Nats ;D.

It was down to the last heat, and nobody knew who was going to take it all. The winner of the last heat would get the ticket. I crossed the start behind my rival ( The dude that took the May tournament from me) I was running on his tail for the first two laps, then right in front of me in the turn he started cart wheeling. I got around him with out a scratch and won the heat. We were both far ahead of the rest, so I easily won.

Get some pics in here if I can.

Gonna spend this week practicing for the time trials. Don't expect me to win. I'm a beginner in the genre.

The Nats are Sept. 8th. In the mean time, I will be looking forward to working with TimD and Dale, Getting the H38 to run my HH.

Take care. Hammer

Back