Available 1/8 scale hulls

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Seybold

Supporting Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm getting back into RC boats after a twenty year break. I would really like to get an 1/8 scale hydro and was wondering whta are my options. The only glass hulls I've found are from Aeromarine and RC Boat Company. I know the Dums kit is still available as well. I've read poor reviews about Aeromarine's hull as well as the Dumas kit. Just wondering what else is out there and what direction I should go.

Thanks,

John

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting back into RC boats after a twenty year break. I would really like to get an 1/8 scale hydro and was wondering whta are my options. The only glass hulls I've found are from Aeromarine and RC Boat Company. I know the Dums kit is still available as well. I've read poor reviews about Aeromarine's hull as well as the Dumas kit. Just wondering what else is out there and what direction I should go.

Thanks,

John
Phil Thomas makes some good looking hulls. About your only other option is plans from Newton Marine

Henry Velasco has a great running hull, Alfred Lanza AKA Leecraft has a good running hull with some unique features-- the cowl is very wide and opens up the whole insides so you can work on it. Both California suppliers. Rudy

Depends on what you want. build one from plans or glass kits.

here are my scale hydros. they are pretty easy to setup, cowls fit the hulls, wings ready to mount, Complete race tested setups and parts lists to get the right stuff.

clik on the PHIL THOMAS HYDROS

Hey John,

Have you considered purchasing a used hull also - lots of differences in 20 years.

Steve Gualtieri www.rcboatcompany.com has a number of different epoxy glass hulls available. His new SG110H - pic attached will make MHR 7207 or 7474 style hulls.

The Henry Velasco ([email protected]) hull with his different cowls, will make MHR 7207, 7402, 7474, 7704 and a few others. I understand Henry's hulls come with no wood installed - i.e. engine rails, transom to facilitate the different engine mounting variations boaters use.

Have a look at the NAMBA site (www.namba.com). There is a Master Hull Roster on this site. On about page 3, there is a 1/8 Scale Unlimited Hydroplane Contact Guide with additional suppliers - a valuable reference. CHEERS !!! Bob

Hey John,

Have you considered purchasing a used hull also - lots of differences in 20 years.

Steve Gualtieri www.rcboatcompany.com has a number of different epoxy glass hulls available. His new SG110H - pic attached will make MHR 7207 or 7474 style hulls.

The Henry Velasco ([email protected]) hull with his different cowls, will make MHR 7207, 7402, 7474, 7704 and a few others. I understand Henry's hulls come with no wood installed - i.e. engine rails, transom to facilitate the different engine mounting variations boaters use.

Have a look at the NAMBA site (www.namba.com). There is a Master Hull Roster on this site. On about page 3, there is a 1/8 Scale Unlimited Hydroplane Contact Guide with additional suppliers - a valuable reference. CHEERS !!! Bob

Who built that Velasco hull???

Seems I've had my hands on it pretty regular lately!!!!!

Thanks for all the replies, its nice to se that there are options out there.

-A few things, does anyone have a experience with the RC Boat company hydro? Looking at the newer style boats 90's and up.

-Phil, that T5 Bud looks real nice. Do you have any other pictures? Whos hardware do you run? Can I purchase directly from you? Do you sell the decals? Sorry for all the questions.

-Lastly, if I purchased Newtons plans what exactly do I get. Where do you get the cowls? Turbines? The only experience I have with building a wood boat has been a Zippkit Rocket which I'm am currrently finishing.

Thanks again for helping a Newbie,

John

-A few things, does anyone have a experience with the RC Boat company hydro? Looking at the newer style boats 90's and up.

-Phil, that T5 Bud looks real nice. Do you have any other pictures? Whos hardware do you run? Can I purchase directly from you? Do you sell the decals? Sorry for all the questions.

-Lastly, if I purchased Newtons plans what exactly do I get. Where do you get the cowls? Turbines? The only experience I have with building a wood boat has been a Zippkit Rocket which I'm am currrently finishing.

John
I have a whole sheet of pictures of the 2000 T5 Bud ifyou want them with a kit

Weselys graphics makes the lettering for it and I can get all the Speedmaster hardware for you too.

The newton plans have a paint drawing, a bulkhead drawing, and a line drawing of the construction. No cowl drawings.

Tere are several place to get cowls, Rcboat Co, a couple guys out in WA. I have some cowls but they are made to fit my boats not just a raw shell.

I do have the new 8700 hull U10 It will make the Winstons and Smokin Joes and others. I dont have that one on the web page yet.

There is a post on it here in the sport scale hydro forum

Last edited by a moderator:

John
Joe Moceri in StLouis has a couple of really good hulls from 92 to 08. Where are you located?

Joe Moceri in StLouis has a couple of really good hulls from 92 to 08. Where are you located?

I'm in Lombard, IL., about 15 miles out of Chicago

John

Talk to Toadstoys on here or pm me your email. He has some scale boats for sale. Dont over look a Joe Moceri hull either

Hi Everyone,

Thanks,

John
I have a race proven boat. Please see my post.

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=39567&st=0&p=356831&hl=iRA%20cOTTON&fromsearch=1entry356831

Last edited by a moderator:
John,

Just geting back in...? Welcome back.

I think there is nothing better than a round nose hull screeming across a pond like abucking bronco and pitching it all to the right as hard as you dare. I am new to this board but have been reading everything these generous folks of our boating community have shared for many years.

I came back a some years ago to find the #105 Roger Newton plans. Made a plug/mold and a few copies of the #5677 1965 white over red U75 "Miss Exide". Roger sent color photos and helped me set up the strut to stop the porpoising down the back straight thing it was doing.

Say i was wondering ..did you run a .45 outboard in IMPBA years ago..in D hydro? Appologies your name sounds familiar. .or not

Thanks

Tim

Latest posts

Back