3.5 outboards aussi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who would be opposed to a Double Tunnel (mod-VP) hull running in A OB tunnel?

i want to get an idea of what the vibe will be if i propose the hull up for evaluation to the AMPBA

Cheers

Kris

well Mark, so far its good news ;-)

Just to add, i dont have one of these hulls yet, i was hoping we might be able to keep our minds open to new designs thats all...plus another hull to choose from isnt a bad thing, is it?

Kris

Tim, and other Penrith guys,

Looking fwd to making the trip down there this weekend to check out what other boat clubs are up to. Ill only have a electric mono and tunnel (tunnel might not run though) - have not even started on building my 3.5. That seams to far off at this stage. Kris keep an eye out for a good motor for me- cheap.

Shane Dekon gave me the run down on what sort of goes on, so basically i just have to make it there in one piece to watch some boats.

Let me know if there is anything that i need

catch most of you sunday i guess - till then.

David

Tim, and other Penrith guys,

Looking fwd to making the trip down there this weekend to check out what other boat clubs are up to. Ill only have a electric mono and tunnel (tunnel might not run though) - have not even started on building my 3.5. That seams to far off at this stage. Kris keep an eye out for a good motor for me- cheap.

Shane Dekon gave me the run down on what sort of goes on, so basically i just have to make it there in one piece to watch some boats.

Let me know if there is anything that i need

catch most of you sunday i guess - till then.

David

David,

I will not be at Penrith on the weekend, Sorry I will miss you, I don't think Greg will be there either. Gino will be there, I think.

Regards

Mark

David,

I will not be at Penrith on the weekend, Sorry I will miss you, I don't think Greg will be there either. Gino will be there, I think.

Regards

Mark

David,

sorry dude, I won't be there either. For what it's worth, will be there on the 18th though.

Gino

**** - if you guys aren't going to be there it won't be as much fun! I guess I'd better put a boat together for sunday - at the moment they are all in pieces!

Who would be opposed to a Double Tunnel (mod-VP) hull running in A OB tunnel?

i want to get an idea of what the vibe will be if i propose the hull up for evaluation to the AMPBA

Cheers

Kris
Kris,

Dont mean to be the stick in the mud here..... but

If the boat conforms to the current Tunnel rules then I am fine with it. I am not fine with bending or rewriting the rules to allow boats that do not meet the class specifications.

I am all for thinking outside the box, but when you go too far outside the A tunnell class you find yourself in A Hydro.....

EMS Racing I used to be indecisive but now I am not so sure....

MJ,

If you wish - I could do that for you! I'll need your starter motor too - mine has a handle and no provision for O/B flywheels!

Check out this ebay bargain!

150+KPH O/B Tunnel!

Last edited by a moderator:
MJ,

If you wish - I could do that for you! I'll need your starter motor too - mine has a handle and no provision for O/B flywheels!

150KPH O/B Tunnel!
Done,

I will drop the gear to you tomorrow AM.

MJ,

150KPH O/B Tunnel!
Done,

I will drop the gear to you tomorrow AM.
On thje fleebay item, i'm out! the current bid is over $10.00, i'm done! Would have been a good buy at $10.00. Yeh Right!

Hey Craig,

The way I read the rules, I believe the boat does qualify for OB Tunnel. But again it is all about interpretation. The boats are no faster (infact I THINK mark said they have less top end) but can turn better.

Kris

Hey Craig,

The way I read the rules, I believe the boat does qualify for OB Tunnel. But again it is all about interpretation. The boats are no faster (infact I THINK mark said they have less top end) but can turn better.

Kris
Hi Kris,

I am actually with Craig on this one, the way I read the rules, I believe that they dont qualify as a tunnel.

Just on one of the qualifying points, they definately do not resemble a full scale F1 style boat!

But I would not have a problem with running against this sort of boat. That does not mean that I would support a rule change!

MJ

**** - if you guys aren't going to be there it won't be as much fun! I guess I'd better put a boat together for sunday - at the moment they are all in pieces!
How about you sort out my TS2?
OR,

you could sort out your WOF 30 Tim. Sure it will be minus quite a few bits and pieces, like motor, radio gear, cowl, and various other bits, but it will be FUN

Gino :lol: :lol: :lol:

But it does Mark, the Mod VP boats :p

I am not tying to change rules or any of that crap, I cant be bothered. I am just going to send some pics to the commitee and let them decide!

Now, Tim, who do i send them to? Peter? Tony?

Kris

I might be wrong here, but I believe any correspondence goes to the Secretary (I'd suggest via your club Secretary).

But it does Mark, the Mod VP boats :p

I am not tying to change rules or any of that crap, I cant be bothered. I am just going to send some pics to the commitee and let them decide!

Now, Tim, who do i send them to? Peter? Tony?

Kris
7.2.3 A Tunnel Hull is defined as one having two (2) only unbroken sponsons, with or without steps, running the full length of the craft. The sponsons are to be the only part of the hull to come into contact with the water, thus creating a tunnel effect through the length of the craft.

Latest posts

Back