.....who we really are

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

requiring identifying who you are by full name

• only in member profile

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • both profile & post signature

• not at all

• Total voters
hi , if you do a google search on my name , i appearently play county cricket and am not a bad batsman...
I found out I'm a member of the hockey hall of fame, and I'm also a real estate agent in Vancouver. Kind of wierd seeing other people with "my" name.

I see you added your info to your signature once we learned only registered members can see it. :D
Just for you, Don. However, if any wackos calling themselves strange names, such as scooter, show up at my front door, you're in trouble! :D

hi , if you do a google search on my name , i appearently play county cricket and am not a bad batsman...
I found out I'm a member of the hockey hall of fame, and I'm also a real estate agent in Vancouver. Kind of wierd seeing other people with "my" name.

I see you added your info to your signature once we learned only registered members can see it. :D
Just for you, Don. However, if any wackos calling themselves strange names, such as scooter, show up at my front door, you're in trouble! :D

LOL's

jason

Too funny!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you have not yet added your vote on this poll please do so & constructive comments are welcome. So far it seems almost all would like to know who they're talkin' to on the other end. :)

I will make the name cop have the powers to ban members that don't have proper names. It will be the name cops job to police this and take action against those who don't comply. Basically a moderator position.

Any volunteers?

Don with moderator powers.....YIKES!!!! :eek: Im scared!!!! :p

Gener :lol:

I'll second Dave's vote ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasnt going to reply but this thread is getting out of hand...It's been gone over before and was voted down by the origional members of this forum.

I have the utmost respect for some of the above opinions but I feel compelled to post on behalf of anonymity.

I absolutely understand how you would want to know who you are talking to. I would want many others in here to know that there are folks in here who use the people’s names to contact them and threaten them and their families...total BS…

Like it or not, This is the internet and there are many Sick folks out there and yes they are even in this forum there are spammers, salespeople and many others that would love to leech our names....... there are even some of the people in this forum who write PM’s and Emails to threaten people based on names that were available on this forum (yes there have been some debates that piss off some individuals)…..so be very aware of what you’re asking for when you ask for people to tell you their real names. Some people like myself are not happy to give away the right to freedom of speech

I wish some in here should rethink their positions….some in here are great people who have taken risked all to protect the constitution that protects freedom of speech….Yes I know who you are, and I am one of those people too...I am one of those people too.

after all....we're mostly comprised of adults in here!

If a post is unproductive…ignore it ….unless you’re a 5-year old or a sheep, you should be able to be responsible for the info you take into your own brain. Be an adult!

I can guarantee if this becomes a named only forum....I'll have a fake name or never post here again (some would love that......and may be the reason behind this thread/ Vote)

As an adult, I know I have a process that lets in the good info and screens out the BS…..don’t let the largest posters in this board steer you towards a condition without debate (they would love it so they can sell you things). Debate is healthy and it’s a known fact that debate draws the most views and shakes out all the facts for everyone. Yes, I am a well known poster on this board……And I like my anonymity.

Signed,

The Grinch

Merry Christmas to some of the coolest people in this forum....and may the sheep become fodder for a great dinner!

I will make the name cop have the powers to ban members that don't have proper names. It will be the name cops job to police this and take action against those who don't comply. Basically a moderator position.

Any volunteers?
I think Tim already did. :)

I wasnt going to reply but this thread is getting out of hand...It's been gone over before and was voted down by the origional members of this forum.

I have the utmost respect for some of the above opinions but I feel compelled to post on behalf of anonymity.

I absolutely understand how some could understand how you would want to know who you are talking to. I would want many others in here to know that there are folks in here who use the people’s names to contact them and threaten them and their families…

Like it or not, This is the internet and there are many Sick folks out there and yes they are even in this forum there are spammers, salespeople and many others that would love to leech our names....... there are even some of the people in this forum who write PM’s and Emails to threaten people based on names that were available on this forum (yes there have been some debates that piss off some individuals)…..so be very aware of what you’re asking for when you ask for people to tell you their real names. Some people like myself are not happy to give away the right to freedom of speech

I wish some in here should rethink their positions….some in here are great people who have taken risked all to protect the constitution that protects freedom of speech….Yes I know who you are, and I am one of those people too...I am one of those people too.

If a post is unproductive…ignore it ….unless you’re a 5-year old or a sheep, you should be able to be responsible for the info you take into your own brain. Be an adult!

I can guarantee if this becomes a named only forum....I'll have a fake name or never post here again (some would love that......and may be the reason behind this thread/ Vote)

As an adult, I know I have a process that lets in the good info and screens out the BS…..don’t let the largest posters in this board steer you towards a condition without debate (they would love it so they can sell you things). Debate is healthy and it’s a known fact that debate draws the most views and shakes out all the facts for everyone. Yes, I am a well known poster on this board……And I like my anonymity.

Signed,

The Grinch

Merry Christmas to some of the coolest people in this forum....and may the sheep become fodder for a great dinner!

Hello Mr. Bulifant. :p

Hmmmm, seems you've got no issues using your real name over on rcboat.com. :rolleyes:

There is no "hidden agenda" here, just wanting to know who's who that's all. Would be a shame to be at a race & miss a chance to meet a fellow I/W member because I didn't know his or her real name. ;)

But yet again you seem to use this as a launch pad for another "anti-Andy" smear campaign, rather evident by your "so they can sell you things" comment. Let it go dude, I think we're all rather sick of it by now. :angry:

And to set the record right, this was never previously "voted down". The opinions were basically the same as they are now but it was only talk at that time so get your facts straight. <_<

And quit playing the "free speech" card, this is a private forum & being here is a priviledge, not a right. Tom can show you the door at any time. :rolleyes:

I absolutely understand how some could understand how you would want to know who you are talking to. I would want many others in here to know that there are folks in here who use the people’s names to contact them and threaten them and their families…

Signed,

The Grinch

Your not anonymous to me...... worst $430 bucks I ever spent.....

Hmmmmmmm....... Well I gonna get a brewsky and watch dis one :ph34r:

Did Bart volunteer ? He's cool too, I'll have to go back an reread,

Gener B)

Signed,

The Grinch

KB is that you?? That was way to well writen to be most of us gearheads on here :p

Uh... I volunteer, and The Grinch is banned based on that cool avitar

:ph34r:

Signed,

The Grinch

KB is that you?? That was way to well writen to be most of us gearheads on here :p

Uh... I volunteer, and The Grinch is banned based on that cool avitar

:ph34r:
test test i hope i did this right change sig & avitar

Hello... I'm MikeP from Salt Lake City I am anonymous. But it's not too hard to figure out who I am by people who would care to know.

Mike

For general use of the forums, ie: posting in threads, etc., there is absolutely no totally compelling reason to demand that people use their real names as the problems that usually give rise to these issues could be (and probably have been) quite easily dealt with by the admin and moderators. The arguements for retaining "public" anonymity are likely to be much more valid.

Having personal details in your profile, which would only be viewable by other members is fine so long as the site admin can guarantee that 1) no members will access and/or use that information for "undesirable" reasons, and 2) that the information is 100% secure from hackers, bot's, etc. If they can't offer that guarantee, then they should not ask for that information or at least not make it a condition of membership.

However, if communications move to a more "one on one" basis, (PM's, emails, etc.), then it is really only common courtesy to revert to using your real name.

Just my 2 cents worth...........

Cheers for Christmas.

ChrisO

Oztralia, where it's currently 104 degF B)

Hiya Gener ,

I didn't really volunteer for this job , i'm not sure if i would manage to furfill the job . Not that i'm not interested in it but the job has some responsability . But I'm always willing to help if i can .

As for this topic .

As for nicknames, i like nicknames, heck i'm using a nickname since i started with internet . BUT , on every forum i'm on , i'm using my real name .

I've got nothing to hide , and i do not believe in the fact that using a nickname gives you any kind of hiding .

Any good hacker or whatever can find your details ,wether you're using a nickname or just your real name .

Heck with anIP sniffer i can get your details , ip , provider , city , with some luck your street .( no i don't have an ipsniffer in my possession )

This Board is private , no matter how you turn it , Tom Has the control of this board , wether you like it or not . ( side note , i think he's doing a magnificent job ) .

I can only back him up when he wants to know who's on HIS board . This Board has grown a lot in the last years , bringing very good people , bringing some idiots too .

I don't see any kind of reason not to put your name on a reply or in your profile . Not putting your name is like talking with some other boater at a race with your face fully covered . Makes no sense to me . If i make a remark or reply , i will never mind to talk about it at a race . Even if we disagree , maybe you'll let me see a side of the topic wich i haven't seen .

Thats my idea ,

Bart

I didn't really volunteer for this job , i'm not sure if i would manage to furfill the job . Not that i'm not interested in it but the job has some responsability . But I'm always willing to help if i can .
Bart that was my fault, it was Tim who mentioned volunteering not you. ;)

:) Hey Kev! (?) Glad to see ya..... And the band plays on..... Congrats on havin a set to Debate at all..... I just read........ its safer..... Hey Don? Why then, exactly, did you start the vote? id like to know,.... moot point to me...... my names there.... the ability to Pm me and my Email are too... so what else does anyone need? Since you have appointed yourself CMDI strongman, why dont ya just meet up with Kev, you live close, and resolve Andy's issues for him? Personally i think you enjoy the ratings you are earning here mixing things up as you are....... everyone else sure does too. Let Andy get his motors out... Ill give them a try...... and, kudos to him, for giving us an option at least.... Never met the man...... He's almost too high for a little newbie like me to reach....... but, thats OK. Maybe we're all just sick of the public scrappin you seem to initiate when you deem a topic worthy of debate....... which, funny, doesnt seem to be mine or any other low post newbie deemed non important........thats OK too. I can read, and, Ill sort the wheat from the chaff as I will. Scrap it up, you cats.... nobodys gaining anything from it, This forum for the most part used to be a great source of enjoyment and information for me, and as an outsider lookin in, last I knew, it wasnt the don ferrette show..... it has turned into a source of aggravation for a great many people...... which defeats the original purpose of it altoghether..... Toms a big boy and its his efforts we all appreciate, so if HE deems it necessary to expunge someone, Im sure he will..... Now.... before you eat me alive and all that nice stuff Don, Im invoking an anti bash the little guy clause, as Ive no recourse but to take your heat..... granted you are light years ahead of many of us, and with all due respect, sir, lets keep things focused..... the advancement of our hobby depends on it.... Merry Christmas to all fellow men, Mike Larson ( real name inserted here, to protect the innocent)

Gee Mike I hope you have a Merry Christmas too. :)

As for your post I see no reason to "bash it" as you infer, rather I'll just pick out the good stuff. ;)

I think I've made it clear that I would like to know who's on the other end of a nickname, or did ya miss that? :blink:

Seems others feel the same way by that razor thin 88% margin so far. :p

CMD strongman? That's funny! With all the sXXt KB splattered on here the last few months, I'm just tired of it. The name calling and such, there's no reason for it. Quite a few responded in kind to that also, even before I did. Guess ya missed all that too. :rolleyes:

The public scrappin I seem to initiate?? Nah, I'm just the guy who comes in and drives a stake through it's heart after it's been started. Reference back to above line. :blink:

The Don Ferrette show? Wow, guess I better hire an agent then. Hey Gener wanna be my agent? :lol:

Have a nice day, I hope Santa brings you lots of neat boat stuff. Seriously. :D

And I'll tell Andy you said hello when I see him at record trials next week. B)

I like the real names as it makes it much easier to meet you guys at the far away races. I remember last year at the Spring Nats meeting Don Ferrette for the first time. It was easy because I knew his real name. Looking for someone with a far-out nickname makes it tough to get to know them at out of state races. Does that make sense? Perry P. Walter also known as Capt Walter, NAMBA No. 831

Latest posts

Back