warm spell in Indy

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I'm glad you're not Bruce.........and to further that note, thanks for reading that and not being able to see where I come from. I always appreciate grumpy old men trying to be a "Dick" about everything. Apparently you welcome nothing of the sort pal becuase you don't know me, let alone my intentions, concern, or respect for the club. If that's how you treat all newbs in the sport, than I'm **** glad you're not around and hope to never meet you in the future (regardless of how most others think of you) because you'll definately get a piece of mind and it won't be pretty !!!!!! Must be why the club is so small in the first place if you have to receive an invotation from people like you who don't appreciate someone trying to add to the club but wanting it to work both ways !!!!! Maybe I'd know all about the insurance troubles and club rules if they were explained in the first place rather than someone just saying pay or get out !!! I remember being at the first club meeting last year and trying to get all the info I could, which wasn't much. That and the club website lacks a little thing called updating and information. Congratulations on being the first person on this site to be a total ass to the new kid wanting to learn a thing or two.

Regards,

Mark T. :D

WOW! This is completley uncalled for. Remember what is said here is on the World Wide Web. Hence people all over the world can see this. Obviously this is why Only a partial name was used.

Naturally you would have to expect a reaction from Marty. He was a HUGE contributor to the IMBC for over thirty years, so putting down the club as a whole was not a good move. Also Marty responded without "name calling" or personal attacks. I think based on the fact you either lost your temper or had bad feelings your comments needed to be addressed and Marty did a good job. If someone in Indy got you mad maybe you should look at the entire picture and address the individuals not the Indy Model Boat Club. Not everyone is going to get along all the time BUT things could be settled in a much more professional and productive manner, agree to disagree.

Your response of with somewhat threatening "schoolyard" name calling and the verbal derogatory attack on Marty is completley uncalled for. Marty Davis had done nothing but good for the hobby and has done a lot to help racers more than most racers I know. In fact you could not even carry the man's lunchbox... so I feel once you collect your thoughts and calm down I would apologize to him. Otherwise you have burned a huge bridge. I am sure Marty, more or less could care a less of what you think of him and I can bet calling him names will not really effect him, he has nothing to prove; but If I were in a club that you wanted to join I would think again before extending an invitation to you to become a member; only because of what I have seen written here.

Feel free to call me all the names you want I also could care a less; the bottom line is that I think an apology in in order and if you have a beef in Indy go after the appropriate people. Settle your differences like a man and go run boats,That is what this is all about.

Norm Doerr

Last edited by a moderator:
It's time to let this die, personally I'd like to see Tom lock it out. It looked like this situation was well on it's way to a resolve but some wanted to keep fanning the fire. Yes the name calling was WAY out of line but let it go guys.............

Last edited by a moderator:
It's time to let this die, personally I'd like to see Tom lock it out. It looked like this situation was well on it's way to a resolve but some wanted to keep fanning the fire. Yes the name calling was WAY out of line but let it go guys.............
I am not fanning the fire here but would like to give Big thanks to All the Indy Model boaters over the years that have help me and others with help and advice. Doug Shepherd /DPS Racing Hulls Madison.,In.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back