warm spell in Indy

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony_marquart

There is a warm spell in Indy the next few days,.. I'm picking up some Methanol and glow plugs on the way home... I feel like a little kid on the way home with a new bike.... I'm going to try and run Wed and Thursday after work... Possible light rain...I may even pull out my little canopy thing and run in some light rain...

I don't think winter has ever felt this long....

I hear ya!

It was +65 deg. here in D.C. yesterday. If I only had the day off and my boats here to run. :p

-Buck-

Ofcorse now it's raining and windy :lol:

I'm the one that is sick 60's most every day ponds all around and no boats finished yet :( :ph34r: :(

Anthony,

If Thursday looks good what time should you be at the pond? I might be able to make it overl.

Don

73* here today.. I just wish we had water that would freeze - we have plenty of Sand Dunes and no water to race or test on within 100 miles..

I'm the one that is sick 60's most every day ponds all around and no boats finished yet :( :ph34r: :(

Sucks don't it...my blizzard is sooooo close to being done - have it ready by next weekend providing my props arrive on time !!! Posted some new pics of it in my album !!! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony, if you guys go tomorrow give me a call before you head out - want to come see the boats run and meet Don since we'll be running together quite a bit probably this year ! :D

Man.. i have been testing every day so far this week.. I LOVE IT..

Indy is only 2 hours away.. I would love to get together and test some time. Today was the first time EVER.. that i have ran a boat in Feb..... COOL

ROCK ON

grimracer

Well our trip to the lake has been enexpectedly canceled guys... Nothing i can do about it between now and tomorrow.. I couldn't be more disappointed.

Man.. i have been testing every day so far this week.. I LOVE IT..

Indy is only 2 hours away.. I would love to get together and test some time. Today was the first time EVER.. that i have ran a boat in Feb..... COOL

ROCK ON

grimracer

Gee, you move to Illinois and you think your in a different world. :lol: Its not that illinois is that different Mike, its that Wisconsin is so weird. :lol: Good to hear everything is going well for you Mike, later buddy.

Larry Jr. ;)

Yes indeed Tony, very dissapointing ! I'll definately be keeping my eyes open for a new spot.

That's the lake (over in front of the Waterfront Building) except for the fact that Bruce Jacobs now won't let us run @ that lake unless we become a member of his boat club and have a namba or impba membership, whichever it is. Even said he's gonna have the local authorities run off anyone that doesn't meet these credentials......fine way to get peeps interested in the hobby Bruce - way to go !!!!!!!! :angry:

Yes indeed Tony, very dissapointing ! I'll definately be keeping my eyes open for a new spot.
Were are you guy running at these days? Is it the same pond that we ran at?(we being the Indy Model Boat Club Pond)

:ph34r:

That's the lake (over in front of the Waterfront Building) except for the fact that Bruce Jacobs now won't let us run @ that lake unless we become a member of his boat club and have a namba or impba membership, whichever it is. Even said he's gonna have the local authorities run off anyone that doesn't meet these credentials......fine way to get peeps interested in the hobby Bruce - way to go !!!!!!!! :angry:
From what ive been told, having the impba/namba membership requirement is for the insurance factor. When i first got into boats i went out to the park that the guys in ft.lauderdale use.. was told the same thing. Need to be a club member & impba/namba or i couldnt run after that day. Guess its the 'price you pay' for being able to run somewhere without being told to leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anthony and Nitronemesis.

I am sorry that you are dissappointed but you guys are way off base here. Bruce Jacobs is the local club President and I am the District Director. If you wish to use water that Bruce has procured, paid for and insured and made MANY efforts to keep usable, then you should expect to play by our rules.

There was a serious accident at the lake last year and we almost lost use of it entirely. It had nothing to do with us, and yet we almost lost it. There is no chance that anyone not associated with the Club or IMPBA is going to jeapardize our site. I support Bruce totally and so does ALL of IMPBA. you will find the exact same answer from any club lake operator in any district in IMPBA or NAMBA, I suspect. We welcome new people always, but there are things called lawyers and lawsuits now, and noone can take risks without some liability plan. Please join IMPBA or NAMBA and come practice and race with us. You will be covered for liability and Bruce will be very happy to get new members in Indy. I hope this serves as an explanation and an offer to join a fun group of guys that can help you learn all you can about boat racing.

Brian Schymik

IMPBA Director District 14

IMPBA Treasurer

Were are you guy running at these days? Is it the same pond that we ran at?(we being the Indy Model Boat Club Pond)

:ph34r:
Cool out bro.

I'm sure he's doing it for very good reasons. Namely for insurance reasons I'm sure. It is probably also a requirement for the club to keep their pond. Oh not to mention that it is a benefit for you as you will be covered if anything goes bad.

He is in no way hurting the hobby by doing this if it is as you say. That is actually benefiting all of us.

-Buck-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back