ul-1 superior

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EATMYWAKE

WAIT A SEC!!! i can get a ul-1 superior and go 65mph on 2 2s li-po's???? can anyone confirm this??? what prop? just a 60 amp esc?

WAIT A SEC!!! i can get a ul-1 superior and go 65mph on 2 2s li-po's???? can anyone confirm this??? what prop? just a 60 amp esc?
Ok, I'm not POSITIVE on the speed, but I seen that bad boy down in LA at the SAWS Buass was flashing it through the traps pretty much stock, and it appeared to be

zooming close to that speed..

I can @ least vouch that the baby was cookin'.. I was ASTOUNDED at its performance for an RTR that's for sure

Not too accurate of a report I admit.. :) But that's what I seen Jellybean..

Yes Brian we doing 65 or so through the traps with just prop changes to the boat. I was there when Darin Jordan got the update from him. Pretty cool.

Mike

I pitted next to Brian and watched him as he slowly worked on the UL-1 all day to get it up to the 65 mph average (on pretty rough water for SAW racing BTW). The only major change to the stock boat was that he used his own radio.

The setup - as I remember it - was a tape air dam at the front of the tunnel, a change in strut depth and angle, and a big old 2047 prop that had been massaged a lot. You won't want to run for more than a couple passes with the huge prop, but nothing was hurt or smoking after two passes through the lights. Later he played around running small ovals with the boat using a much smaller prop for at least 8 minutes on choppy water and nothing was too hot. This was one impressive little boat!

The only major change to the stock boat was that he used his own radio.
See, who says a radio does not make a difference!! BTW the speed was no doubt (and Jay has clearly pointed out that there is no doubt) the direct result of his radio. WHich was, of course, a Futaba FASST !!

See? Go FASST, or go home!!

Ill be here all week, tell your friends. :p

Disclaimer: No promisses! The pack was set up as a 4S1P.

Here is the thread I posted the whole setup. http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showth...5409&page=7

Page 7 post #205
can you pm me a the pics of his boat. (particuary the air dam) i cant view the forum pics...
Here you go. I've run it a bit since the SAWs, I'm leaving the airdam on for heat racing.

Disclaimer: No promisses! The pack was set up as a 4S1P.

Here is the thread I posted the whole setup. http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showth...5409&page=7

Page 7 post #205
can you pm me a the pics of his boat. (particuary the air dam) i cant view the forum pics...
Here you go. I've run it a bit since the SAWs, I'm leaving the airdam on for heat racing.
are there any videos of the 65mph run? or the boat running with the airdam?

Here is a video: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/Videos/ul1.mpeg

Tape air dams are very common on air-compression FE boats lilke hydros and catamarans. I could not have gotten my 6S cat into the 80s without an air dam and adjustable tunnel tabs. As long as we keep exceeding the design speeds of existing hulls we will need add-ons to keep the hulls from develping too much lift.

;

Last edited by a moderator:
To anyone who wants to bump up the stock boat to a new level, I got a Barracuda 80 ESC in the for sale section.....cheers!

Larry Jr.

this is kinda random, but does anyone know of a good camera to shoot onboard FE rc boat vids?

Try contacting Bill Oxidean (Wilmer) on this board, he has done quite a bit of on-board filming.

Back