turn fin

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotha

Hi all, first time post. I'm currently building a 1980 atlas van line hydro and am searching for a turn fin that looks like the real boat fin any suggestions? Thanks. Scott.

Hi all, first time post. I'm currently building a 1980 atlas van line hydro and am searching for a turn fin that looks like the real boat fin any suggestions? Thanks. Scott.
Hi, I'm not the best qualified to answer this question. I built a 1983 Atlas in the late 1980's (dumas) and the turn fin was 2.4 inches long and 3.9 inches tall in a trapezoidal shape with top and bottom cut at about a 26 degree angle. It was .090 aluminum and I think the bracket was .125 aluminum. I'm building my second 1/8 after a 20 year layoff and am using .062 carbon fibre for the fin and .090 carbon fibre angle for the bracket(alum. fin & bracket weighed 2.5 oz., carbon fibre pieces about 7/8 oz.). Hope this help's but don't take it as gospel, Inever saw the real boat. Glenn

Thanks glenn, I took about 10 years off and now am building the atlas. I think i will go with hardware from accu-tech they have really good pictures of their products and it looks to be high quality. What boat are you building?

Thanks glenn, I took about 10 years off and now am building the atlas. I think i will go with hardware from accu-tech they have really good pictures of their products and it looks to be high quality. What boat are you building?
I'm building the 1973 pay&pak but not for racing, just for fun.

I'm in the process of rebuilding a Dumas AVL, I'm converting it to a 83. I went with Speed master for my rudder, strut and motor mounts. My turn fin is a Virginia Craftsman one. But currently his is unable to make any turn fins now. International waters.

Back