Sport 40 Pipe Length.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yesterday about 56 degrees. AA 45. Macs 45 nitro pipe with stinger muffler. MS x450 per his spec. Since last run I added some nose weight. Not too much though. Reset the strut to dead flat. Ended up 1/16 deeper.

Pipe longer at 9.5. Much better all around. Instant on and off the pipe. CG is good now and boat ruining as intended. Video coming

I didn't move the engine,.. meant that I would have if I was to build again. adding the weight helped.. 3 in piece of 3/8 bar stock solved it.. I think I can run the pipe even shorter honestly.. It was set at about 9.5 and still would go on and off pipe very fast.

But for sure, anyone looking for set up info.. the AA45, Macs 45 pipe with a stinger, 65% fuel and MSx450 prop is a very good combination in my opinion..

Boat did blow off at the end of video.. Lowered the strut 1/16 and totally solved the issue..

There were no other sp40 boats there to compare with,.. but it's clear that this boat will be a winner in the right hands.. it's large for a sp40 but still pulls hard in the corners,.. floats loose but stable in the straights..

The large part will help with heat racing. If you can, bring it to Evansville. There's been 20 or more Sport 40 there every year.

I didn't move the engine,.. meant that I would have if I was to build again. adding the weight helped.. 3 in piece of 3/8 bar stock solved it.. I think I can run the pipe even shorter honestly.. It was set at about 9.5 and still would go on and off pipe very fast.

But for sure, anyone looking for set up info.. the AA45, Macs 45 pipe with a stinger, 65% fuel and MSx450 prop is a very good combination in my opinion..

Yep, looks and sounds better.... Shorter pipe? Why are you so set on a short pipe?

Shorter pipe equals more rpm. At least until you lose torque and sag on the corner. But sometimes s longer pipe and bigger prop can be the right combination.

Shorter pipe equals more rpm. At least until you lose torque and sag on the corner. But sometimes s longer pipe and bigger prop can be the right combination.
I am WELL aware of the Shorter pipe more RPM,,, been at this awhile myself

You asked for advice,, I told you what works in my boats... That are WELL tested and have taken MANY National races.

You can lead a horse to water,,, but you can't make him drink it!

To Each His Own, I guess.

I did go longer on the pipe Rick.. I had it around 9,.. moved 1/2 inch back and tested.. Ill try it longer also..

Maybe it's just the way I ran the .21 riggers in the last few years.. had to run the pipes just about as short as I could get it. old habits hard to break... . Ill try longer too,..

Latest posts

Back