Sport 40 Pipe Length.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuel Hagan JR

This is my first time messing with this combo. I just need a starting point.

CMB 8 Port VAC

CMB Nitro Pipe.

I'm not looking for screaming RPM's.

I run my AA at about 9.25. That was with the AA pipe. 10.25 sounds real long to me. 9.5 should better and real stable.

Id put it at 11 1/2 and move it in slowly. That way My big apple round nose will lap you 2 times a heat

Well,.. maybe I'm running mine like I did the .21 riggers.. It would slow down,, off the pipe,.. It would take a bit to wind up after that.. maybe 50 ft back to full song... But it was cookin.. not immediately on and off the pipe though.. I would have to be nail it a bit out of the last turn to hit full speed at the start line.. .. So far it's just me though.. no one crowding i at the start line..

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using medium size water line in my Sport 40. Not sure what the CMB is gonna due though.

With the MAC 45 i ran the pipe at 10 5/8" with the parabolic. Heat racing didn't like the shorter pipe. Prop was a 648/2. What line no restrictions.

I'm gonna test my Sport 40 in April with the new VAC andCMB Nitro Pipe.

That's a small prop for a sport 40, step up to a x448,x450 2 blade run the pipe at 9 3/4 to start and lengthen until desired speed is achieved. Like Anthony said reduce water flow head temp should be about 140-160 when returned to shore after 6 laps WOT.

That's a small prop for a sport 40, step up to a x448,x450 2 blade run the pipe at 9 3/4 to start and lengthen until desired speed is achieved. Like Anthony said reduce water flow head temp should be about 140-160 when returned to shore after 6 laps WOT.
Sorry Charles can't help myself being a retired carpenter. Cut it twice and it was still to short.
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back