OT, The Losi Micro-T

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speed Jr.

I know were all boat guys here, but just today I was at the local hobby shop and a few guys were playing with these Team Losi Micro T's . They are 1/36 scale buggy's. They come ready to run for 80 bucks, which includes battery pack, charger, and AA's for transmitter and charger. It uses a charging system similar to those junkie little cars that plug in to the transmitter, but its a separate pod that comes with it. It charges in 10-15 minutes and gets a solid 8 minute run on soft carpet or over 10 on hardwood floor. Ill tell you what, I know Im a dorky college student, but this thing is an absolute blast to play with in your living room. It rips wheelies and is very responsive. Needless to say, its 2:18 in the morning my time and Im playing with it. This thing is such a blast. Anyways, if you guys are as bored as me and just want to sit on your sofa but still play with RC stuff, this thing is perfect. Man this thing is cool. And NO, I DONT WORK FOR LOSI OR ANYTHING. lol. Check one out, youd be impressed how much detail went into this little bugger. This is seriously an amazing RC car for the money, it would be perfect for a 10 year old gettin in to the hobby or (May I dare say) a grown man like myself......... :p

Larry Gempp Jr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just went to their website. That thing is cool! Might have to get one.

David

I saw those over at the LHS they looked pretty cool for $80. I wondered how they would handle carpet?

Josh-

This is just as offtopic as the Micro T, but its in the same ballpark. They are calling these thing Office Flys, or Cubicle Gnats.

They were demoing them at our local hobby sho here in Germany and I ordered two of them yesterday from Amazon.com They are only $40 dollars each. The reviews are rediculous for such a small and inexpensive toy, Tons of video clips for them on Youtube.com

They are called "Picoo Z"

Here is the manuf. Vidoe/site.... pretty cool stuff.

http://www.helihobby.com/html/picoo_z_helicopter.html

~James

This is just as offtopic as the Micro T, but its in the same ballpark. They are calling these thing Office Flys, or Cubicle Gnats.
They were demoing them at our local hobby sho here in Germany and I ordered two of them yesterday from Amazon.com They are only $40 dollars each. The reviews are rediculous for such a small and inexpensive toy, Tons of video clips for them on Youtube.com

They are called "Picoo Z"

Here is the manuf. Vidoe/site.... pretty cool stuff.

http://www.helihobby.com/html/picoo_z_helicopter.html

~James
aww sxxt J you shouldn't have posted this, I just ordered one. :p

lol... :lol:

Yeah, they are a blast, the little bit that I messed with it at the hobby shop, it was awesome.

If you look on RCuniverse, they are doing simple mods to them to get better flights out of it.

The main thing they say to do is put a thumb tack in the front of the nose. Sice they only weigh 9 grams, a thumb tack is like adding six ounces of lead to the tip of a .21 tunnel boat...lol

They say it helps with forward motion, then you can use the tail rotor to makes turns.

for 40 bucks, you cant go wrong... I cant wait to try it out on my cat! (again, see youtube.com for a cat dive bombing example)

~James

I saw those over at the LHS they looked pretty cool for $80. I wondered how they would handle carpet?
Josh-

Josh, they are even better on carpet, rips wheelies with ease and really digs hard in corners. A blast............

Larry Jr.

I just bought a Micro-T for my nephew off of ebay. Seller in Kalamazoo - $79.99 shipping included..

I have been looking for one of the RTF Micro Heli's to fart around with, probably end up taking out my TV or something with it... I'll keep looking to see if they get any more in stock..

Josh-

Josh, they are even better on carpet, rips wheelies with ease and really digs hard in corners. A blast............

Larry Jr.

Larry Jr. I didnt mean to hi-jack your thread!

They sell these at Radio shack and Wal-mart also guys...

They just dont have Radio Shack and Walmart over here in Germany! Thats why I ordered them from Amazon.com

~James

PS, I just checked Amazon, looks like they are still in stock?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00...6975176-9544048

I just ordered 3 picco Z helicopters on E-bay, am going to set up pylon races at home for christmas morning.

Kelly

Okay, I dislike you guys now. This thread should have been deleted immediately. I ordered 2 micro-t trucks and 3 of the piccoz's..

Up and around the star on top of the tree, under the coffee table around the recliner........all the while dogding the fox terrier.

Our cat runs now as soon as he sees me pull out the little heli :p .

Total blast and worth the 40 bucks. Got it a couple months ago. Out of the box didnt move to well. Needed to aply some of the aluminum tape they supplied to the nose, made it move a lot better.

Now to get me a Micro-T. Then the cat can not hide :ph34r:

I have 2 of the picco mini z's heli's for a few months now all I can say is way cool and very reliable I bought 2 more for christmas presents for my nephews but they are sold as a different brand same heli,just cheaper 2 for 65 bucks shipped off ebay there worth the money , as far as the micro-t I asked my beautiful wife for one for christmas we have a house full of r/c stuff so whats one more..lol

Well I went out a bought a Losi Micro T for a christmas gift today, I have seen them run at the lhs and they do look really good. Also people here are saying how much they like them so I figured I couldnt go wrong. :) Thanks For the Idea!!!!

Thanks Paul

i really like the look of the new koyosho mini inferno 09 (zero nine)

rear exhaust .09ci motor , alot of fun , although a little pricey RTR

BUT

you can put the motor& pipe in one of Toms little 09 FF riggers when you get bored of the hard ground.

i want to hear what this motor sounds like on 60%!

LOL's

Jase

Back