O/T Exotic animal bill being passed!must read!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misshydro

I seen off topics on this area.. Ok on April 23 congress is trying to pass a bill to outlaw any ownership on exotic animals that arent native to the US... They are Snakes, fishs,Birds,hamesters,ginni pigs,ferrets and so on! There goes more of our wrights being takened way..Heres the link.Visit My Website So if any of you guy have then,call your congressmen and tell them no to HR669!!I will not giveup my ferrets without a fight!!Tom if I didnt place this in the wright area?please move it or tell me were it would go? I wish you had a off topic area..

Last edited by a moderator:
I seen off topics on this area.. Ok on April 23 congress is trying to pass a bill to outlaw any ownership on exotic animals that arent native to the US... They are Snakes, fishs,Birds,hamesters,ginni pigs,ferrets and so on! There goes more of our wrights being takened way..Heres the link.Visit My Website Tom if I didnt place this in the wright area?please move it or tell me were it would go? I wish you had a off topic area..

And what's wrong with that, some non native species can take over native wildlife completely, ask anyone who lives in south Fla. ;)

Besides , I'm scared as hell of them HAMESTERS and GINNI PIGS :huh: :eek:

I'm sorry , that just ain't wright ;)

Andy

I seen off topics on this area.. Ok on April 23 congress is trying to pass a bill to outlaw any ownership on exotic animals that arent native to the US... They are Snakes, fishs,Birds,hamesters,ginni pigs,ferrets and so on! There goes more of our wrights being takened way..Heres the link.Visit My Website Tom if I didnt place this in the wright area?please move it or tell me were it would go? I wish you had a off topic area..

And what's wrong with that, some non native species can take over native wildlife completely, ask anyone who lives in south Fla. ;)

Andy
Ha Ha!! If you want to get techical none of our animal we have now arent native to the US! Dog's or Cat's or horses and cows Oh turkeys&chickens too!!lol!!!!!!!.. That will be next on there list!!!

Sorry, but in at least the case of the venerable turkey you are wrong. They are in fact indigenous to the US. The pilgrims sure did not bring them with them.

BTW - Benjamin Franklin wanted to make the Wild Turkey the official US bird.

Good luck to them... i have exotic birds (no idea where they are native to... but i have a umbrella cockatoo, yellow nape amazon and a indian ringneck parakeet) and they **** sure arent going anywhere. They will have as much luck taking them as they would taking my guns...

Sorry, but in at least the case of the venerable turkey you are wrong. They are in fact indigenous to the US. The pilgrims sure did not bring them with them.
BTW - Benjamin Franklin wanted to make the Wild Turkey the official US bird.
Ok maybe I was off on one or two speices. But the Eagel won,but now the way things are going we might as well be called a turkeys..as much as the eagel/our country have feathers been plicked

Andy
Ha Ha!! If you want to get techical none of our animal we have now arent native to the US! Dog's or Cat's or horses and cows Oh turkeys&chickens too!!lol!!!!!!!.. That will be next on there list!!!

I'm just pulling your chain Miss Hydro ;)

If you think thats bad, just wait....... :eek:

Hope you didn't vote for him.

Andy

Could you edit the topic title to include Off Topic or O/T please? It wasn't urgent that I read this thread - same will apply to all of the other members who live outside the USA.

Could you edit the topic title to include Off Topic or O/T please? It wasn't urgent that I read this thread - same will apply to all of the other members who live outside the USA.
Thanks tim.. I re edit the header topic..

Yup.

Nothings more frustrating than than wasting ten seconds reading something you don't need to!

If you like fishing and wildlife you wont be against this bill. invasive fish are going to kill major lakes in this country. yes they were being imported for peoples aquariums. idiots let them go in to lakes and they multiply much faster than native fish and kill them.

If you like fishing and wildlife you wont be against this bill. invasive fish are going to kill major lakes in this country. yes they were being imported for peoples aquariums. idiots let them go in to lakes and they multiply much faster than native fish and kill them.
I can see maybe making a bill for certen animals like the snake heads fish that some dummies are letting go into our lakes and ponds!!!Those are the fish your talking about Tom. But lets not take it out on hamsters girbils ginni pigs and ferrets!! Those guys arent causing any troubles..We have the blackfooted ferrets that are US native and wild in the US that are being indangerd/going instinc out west.

Well I took 5 minutes and googled it up. I found govtrack.us and read the bill summary. It does not seem to me they are trying to outlaw your hamster. That would just be stupid. The people trying to stop this bill are the ones that have exotic pet animals. They are using a common ploy to tell you every pet is in danger to gain more support. I'm sorry if you want some crazy exotic pet than live in the country they are from. Don't bring them to the usa and risk ruining our countries wildlife.

I hear them hampsters taste just like chicken, lol
The bill is geared toward the exotic pets, and South FL has a invasion of biblical proportions of Pythons, Boas, Caymans and Monitor Lizards, many of which got loose during Hurricane Andrew's destruction of Dade/Broward. The Snakehead Fish is devouring everything it can swallow up in the D.C. Maryland VA areas, and Cali also.

Zebra muscles and certain species of eels are destroying our fresh water lakes and rivers. If 1 pregnant tilopia gets into a warm water discharge from a power plant you can kiss that ecosystem good by. I don't like Obama's policies and I'm not an environmentalist but I do have a degree in this stuff and one thing I do know is the world is gettin smaller and intrusion of non native species is a bigger problem every year and they have no idea how to control it. They are just trying to slow it down a little.

ps hamsters give me heartburn.

Back