New Rules!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great idea guys

i havent had a good look throught the forum do we have some kind of feed back section where we can coment on the sales we make on here ie good and bad ones ?????

cheers rick
You coold leave a comment on a individuals profile page if you had a good transaction , but thats about it...
thanks kroggs

i must admit i have been one one the lucky ones to have of delt with the great sellers on iw touch wood

great forum and a heap of friendly people :) :)

cheers rick

Tom, I'm not so sure about the 30 post requirement. If someone really wanted to, they could put up that many posts in a few days. You might want to raise that number to somewhere in the 75-100 range. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.
yes you could. but a buyer can also look at what they posted and see if that was the case. if someones 31st post is a sale item..... alarm bells should go off!

Yes, Yes and Yes.

I also think that their address (town or city and state) would be a good idea so some of the new boaters would know about other boaters in their area.

This way if you have any questions about someone BEFORE you deal with them, you can contact other boaters in their area and check to see if anyone else has had any dealings with them. No system is fool proof, but every bit of info that you have will help you with making your decisions.

I would have welcomed this in some of my previous transactions.

If you have nothing to hide, this should not be a problem.

Charles

Ray, just what is your REAL name????

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom, I'm not so sure about the 30 post requirement. If someone really wanted to, they could put up that many posts in a few days. You might want to raise that number to somewhere in the 75-100 range. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.
If we see something unusual like that it will most likely stand out. BTW- you need to take care of following rule #1 before you worry about others following rule #2. ;)

If we see something unusual like that it will most likely stand out. BTW- you need to take care of following rule #1 before you worry about others following rule #2. ;)

DING----DING----DING!!!!!!

This very thing was brought up to me yesterday in a PM as a member was asking if I knew someone who was selling an item that he was interested in. He was not listed on the thread as a potential person interested in the item. Noting a few things in the thread I told him to contact someone closer to the person to see if he knew who it was.

When moderating on another site, we had a lot of members with otherwise zero postings selling. We'd get all kinds of scammers not only selling but buying also. Most were ligit but I do agree that a member should have XX number of postings before selling in here. Some sites won't allow you to post links, pictures or videos until a minimum number of postings are made.

You might not like the new rules but Tom and Don are trying to watch out for your behind. We long-timers in here get to know one another over time but it's that tiny percentage of newbs that have to be watched over. A buyer/seller feedback forum would be cool as it works well over at Jim's. You can do a forum search for a seller or buyer on their feedback. It also shows up in their profile.

I like the buyer/seller feedback approach. I have had nothing but good dealings with folks here, which I think is the norm. BUT there are always those few bad apples...

All B.S.aside I think thats a real good idea,Thumbs up on that addition. Ferrette,you did something right for a change :D

I was able to add my full name to my signiture but how would I change my user name to the same? Can you help me Don?

Hydro Junkie

Mark Lee

Marysville, WA

Old JD just trying to help out a fellow District 8 member.

I'll be changing my signature when I change my avitar which will be sometime in September so you have nothing to worry about Don.

Thanks JD, I think I can handle this one myself. BTW, JD, are there any more D8 events at Twin Lakes? I need more stick time :ph34r:

Hydro Junkie

There is a schedule of District 8 races on the Namba district 8 website. You might want to check it out!!

Back