New Rules!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great idea.

What about a simple "Buyer/Seller Feedback" thread pinned to the top of the For Sale section? :rolleyes:

Great idea.

What about a simple "Buyer/Seller Feedback" thread pinned to the top of the For Sale section? :rolleyes:
This has been brought up before and we tended to steer away from something that could easily turn slanderous. We've seen enough examples of that on another forum as well as some of our own "heated" for sale disputes. Really would like to avoid that but it was and still is Tom's final call.............

I am personally calling this the "Ryan Rule".......... :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am personally calling this the "Ryan Rule".......... :huh:
Let's NOT. There has been MANY problem people on the site over the years and this one just finally broke the camel's back. He does not deserve this label any more than the prior ones do. Let's just move on and look forward to a better and more honest day for all of us.

Let.s NOT. There has been MANY problem people on the site over the years and this one just finally broke the camel's back. He does not deserve this label any more than the prior ones do. Let's just move on and look forward to a better and more honest day for all of us.
Absolutely. There have been far worse in the past, if memory serves me the last name of Williams or Williamson or something similar was a doosey and then of course we had our guy from Canada that quite a few people on the Gas Dock would like to find as well. :rolleyes:

Ok guys. Glad I missed those for sure...... :D

I may one of the few if not the only one who has dealt with Mike Coppolino and Mark Williamson.

Mark was booted off eBay more than any other seller that I know of. He kept coming back using different names and addresses. He went by Mark Williams and rickanddeana among other screen names. First he was in Oceanside, CA then a city across the river. His auctions were easy to spot as the pictures were poorly shot, usually in lousy light then when somebody bought one of his items, he would get really nasty telling the buyer that he saw what he got in the pictures plus a lot of name-calling. The problem was that there was daylight in the shots just a few feet away. Although I only bought a $20.00 Perry carb I was still leery about dealing with him but everything did go off without a hitch in my case.

OK, now onto Mike. He was coming out with what was supposed to be an authorized copy of the Drag Cat. The list was getting long on Jim's for one and I was down at #15. Six of them were popped out of the mold and were picked up at the Flint record trials. How I got one of the first 6, I don't know, maybe it was because those 6 went all at once at Flint. Wally Duarte, Walt Radzinkski, and Vince Amore were also there to get theirs among others. The gel-coating and lay-up both left a lot to be desired. The hull I assembled and gave a rough paint job to get it dialed in the sent to Joe Pinto for bodywork and paint. Mike disappeared shortly after the sale, first a divorce pending then a motorcycle accident that allegedly put him in the hospital for a while. He probably owes a lot of people a lot of money yet today.

Both of these people I've seen recently on Facebook but haven't friended them under People You May Know.

Don, I already have my name in my signature, but I would like my user name to be MLBoatworks please. Time to put spoonefcrx to rest. Mike

Ok boys and girls we have reached the 1/2 way point in September so please remember you must add your full name (first and last) to your signature line if your display name is a nickname by the end of the month.

A number of people have had their display nicknames changed to their real names and we can do that for you if you prefer to go that route as well. :)

I think that you're out of it! :D I don't know where the levels are at posting-wise but it was amusing to see guys like Jerry Dunlap and Andy Brown listed as newbs!

I think that you're out of it! :D I don't know where the levels are at posting-wise but it was amusing to see guys like Jerry Dunlap and Andy Brown listed as newbs!
Just shows they need to post more and share their wealth of knowledge more often!!!!..... ;) Both of them are very knowledgeable boaters in our hobby!!!... ;)

Back