Maus mono help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riley Warham

Hello

I am wondering if anyone has a set up sheet for a Maus A mono hull? Or if anyone has experience with this hull.

The boat likes to “skip” through the turns, I’ve heard I can pull the strut closer to the hull to make the prop sit in front of the rudder a bit. I’ve also read that extending the rudder bracket could work as well.

I can post a video of the example as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello

I am wondering if anyone has a set up sheet for a Maus A mono hull? Or if anyone has experience with this hull.

The boat likes to “skip” through the turns, I’ve heard I can pull the strut closer to the hull to make the prop sit in front of the rudder a bit. I’ve also read that extending the rudder bracket could work as well.

I can post a video of the example as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pictures of the transom hardware from the side and from the rear.

All appears to be setup okay as is.however you could try a few things.

1: Can suggest check your CG is 28%-30%

2: The rudder length appears fine but you could try a longer length blade ,

3: you could lower the turnfin to have more holding power in turns.

All appears to be setup okay as is.however you could try a few things.

1: Can suggest check your CG is 28%-30%

2: The rudder length appears fine but you could try a longer length blade ,

3: you could lower the turnfin to have more holding power in turns.
By lower the turn fin, do you mean move where it is mounted down on the transom?

Hopping is usually caused by the strut setup. Not trim tab. The surfacing props we run these day are happy with the bottom of hub basically riding at the water level. If strut is too high prop will drive the boat out of the water. As the boat drives it self out of water, the prop comes out. No push and boat slows. This drops the boat back into the water since there is no push. Rinse and repeart. Hop.

With the prop too deep, the prop tries to ride up out of water pushing nose of boat back down. Boat slaps on water pushes prop back down under water. Rinse and repeat. Shows up as a hop.

Trim tabs are use to get boat to stop chine walking. Tork of prop wants to push the left side down. Usually the left tab is down a bit further than the right. My right is 1/32 high and level with bottom of hull. Left is 1/32 high and touching the straight edge at the rear. This is for my gas mono. But the theory scales.

Like they say, "test, test, test, and when done with that test some more". LOL
Mike

He means longer turn fin. More fin in water.

Hopping is usually caused by the strut setup. Not trim tab. The surfacing props we run these day are happy with the bottom of hub basically riding at the water level. If strut is too high prop will drive the boat out of the water. As the boat drives it self out of water, the prop comes out. No push and boat slows. This drops the boat back into the water since there is no push. Rinse and repeart. Hop.

With the prop too deep, the prop tries to ride up out of water pushing nose of boat back down. Boat slaps on water pushes prop back down under water. Rinse and repeat. Shows up as a hop.

Trim tabs are use to get boat to stop chine walking. Tork of prop wants to push the left side down. Usually the left tab is down a bit further than the right. My right is 1/32 high and level with bottom of hull. Left is 1/32 high and touching the straight edge at the rear. This is for my gas mono. But the theory scales.

Like they say, "test, test, test, and when done with that test some more". LOL
Mike

He means longer turn fin. More fin in water.
I will start making some strut adjustments and go from there. Thank you for the detailed input on this Mike.

Also make sure rurn fin is at 90 deg to the v and parallel to the hull
Like on a hydro , tracking original turn fin on the 40 were bent at an angle when I got my kit back in the 90s

I would ditch those little tabs and get wider longer ones and move them further out bring the strut down against the hull neutral to start x440 3 blade prop and a little bigger turn fin.

Latest posts

Back