• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for Sport 40 parts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottmeyers

Supporting Member
I've been strictly an 1/8 scale guy over the years but just acquired a Sport 40 size hull and have no hardware for it nor do I know what to use. What have you got? I need motor, pipe, fin, rudder, props, etc.

Looking for currently competitive components, not yesterday's stuff!

Thank you, Scott

Scott, The Virginia Craftsman fin and Speed Master hardware and strut are fine items to the best of my knowledge but rudders and props may vary depending on the brand of hull.

I have a CMB RS 45 with a parobolic pipe. I also have all the hardware you need. It is speedmaster hardware. KEN

Thanks guys. I'll follow up on the pm's two of you sent tomorrow.

I don't think many of you would be familiar with this hull. It is a copy of a full size "H350" hydroplane as run in ACHA. This hull is reportedly the fastest used in the Canadian version of sport 40. It was given to me as a gift by one of the teams I did work for this season. I saw it this past weekend in Quebec... beautiful hull! I wasn't about to check it on my flights, so they will be shipping it to me shortly. I'll post some pics as we move along.

There sseems to be some differing opinions on motors. I run the cmb 67hr in 1/8 scale so I am familiar with this design, but I notice that many feel the 45hr is not a good option. Can anyone explain why?

Can someone describe the differences between the 'vac', 'hr', and 'rs'?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's correct Wayne! In fact, Bergeron made the plug/mold himself and ran it r/c before building them full-size, so technically this IS an actual Bergeron! The only difference is that the r/c version lacks the little 'shoe' at the rear of the outside non-trip, but that'll be easy to add

Back