looking for some help with a 1/8

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickTomsett

Supporting Member
Hi I'm going to build a 1/8 scale. Can any one tell me if any one has done a how to book on this or were I can get a down load on some triks and tips for 1/8 building. Any help would be nice. I have a Phill Thomas 1/8 T5. Also what boats can be made from this one??

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I'm going to build a 1/8 scale. Can any one tell me if any one has done a how to book on this or were I can get a down load on some triks and tips for 1/8 building. Any help would be nice. I have a Phill Thomas 1/8 T5. Also what boats can be made from this one??

Rick
Don Mock has a great set of videos on scale hydro construction. I think he even offers them on DVD finally.

[email protected]

Rick
Don Mock has a DVD set for building scales that is advertized on the RC unlimiteds webpage. However, if you have one of Phil Thomas's hulls I would follow his directions to a "T" and contact him with any questions you may have. He will set you straight. My advice would be to take your time, do your research and plan ahead before drilling the first hole. There are a lot of galleries on international waters gallery page that document great building techniques that are helpful to scale builders. I would recommend that you look through Don Ferrette's galleries especially. Also, collect all your parts first before starting so you can lay things out before starting. I believe the hull will make a variety of boats outside the "Budweiser boats" with some modifications including, but not limited to the U-13 Spirit of Detroit, U-16 Elam Plus, U-7 Grahm trucking, U-5 Formula boat, and the U-3 Cooper Motorsports boats as they are all very similar hulls. I hope that helps and good luck.

Cheers,

Kevin

Rick
Don Mock has a DVD set for building scales that is advertized on the RC unlimiteds webpage. However, if you have one of Phil Thomas's hulls I would follow his directions to a "T" and contact him with any questions you may have. He will set you straight. My advice would be to take your time, do your research and plan ahead before drilling the first hole. There are a lot of galleries on international waters gallery page that document great building techniques that are helpful to scale builders. I would recommend that you look through Don Ferrette's galleries especially. Also, collect all your parts first before starting so you can lay things out before starting. I believe the hull will make a variety of boats outside the "Budweiser boats" with some modifications including, but not limited to the U-13 Spirit of Detroit, U-16 Elam Plus, U-7 Grahm trucking, U-5 Formula boat, and the U-3 Cooper Motorsports boats as they are all very similar hulls. I hope that helps and good luck.

Cheers,

Kevin
Rick, link to other gallery. B) https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/index.php?cat=1

HI saw you PM The Bud boat will do several different boats if the cowls and wing configurations are the same. Most diferences are in the rear sponson shapes and the shape of the cockpit nose.

I do have a new part for the BUD, the saltwater scoop, fits perfectly on the center scoop and looks pretty cool too.

get a boat picked out and get some detail pictures.

Thanks for all your help will have to look at the dvds and any more help will be grate.

Thanks Rick
If you are building a fiberglass boat you may only need to buy the second DVD. Part One is about building the frames and evewrything from plans. Part 2 is about finishing and setup.

Write Don directly if you want it on DVD.

Back