Bearing Question.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riley Warham

Hey all.

I am looking to do bearings in my Mac .21 here soon and was looking for some help with bearings. My workplace is an SKF dealer and if possible I’d like to get them through work.

I was able to cross both bearings #6000 and #607 into skf numbers.

6000-2RSJ
38-2RSJ

I’m just wondering if anyone has any experience with the bearings and if there is a certain suffix that I need to look for instead of the “2RSJ”

Thank you
Riley

APEC 1 or 2 and C3 fit. And I do stock a few SKF and NTN on my shelve. Every electric motor has two.

Attachments

• Bearings.jpg
    Bearings.jpg
    834.8 KB · Views: 0
Hey all.

I am looking to do bearings in my Mac .21 here soon and was looking for some help with bearings. My workplace is an SKF dealer and if possible I’d like to get them through work.

I was able to cross both bearings #6000 and #607 into skf numbers.

6000-2RSJ
38-2RSJ

I’m just wondering if anyone has any experience with the bearings and if there is a certain suffix that I need to look for instead of the “2RSJ”

Thank you
Riley

Personally,,,
Not knowing the"specs" of your SKF bearings, I would go with a supplier that has a reputation of supplying good bearings to our hobby.
IE: Mike Betke
Al Hobbs A/A Pro.
Jon Thibodaux (SP)
All on here selling good bearings.
I'd hate to see you use sub-par bearings that may not stand up to the RPM's we spin our engines and scatter them inside your engine, rendering it useless.
I think a good set of bearings is less than 40 bucks.
That's just me though.

Personally,,,
Not knowing the"specs" of your SKF bearings, I would go with a supplier that has a reputation of supplying good bearings to our hobby.
IE: Mike Betke
Al Hobbs A/A Pro.
Jon Thibodaux (SP)
All on here selling good bearings.
I'd hate to see you use sub-par bearings that may not stand up to the RPM's we spin our engines and scatter them inside your engine, rendering it useless.
I think a good set of bearings is less than 40 bucks.
That's just me though.
The more I’m looking into it the more I think I am going to go that route. Better to be safe then sorry with it

Back