Help with props

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinthoele

I am a complete novice with boats. I have built 2 scale boats 1/8 and need break in props as well as fast props. I have Miller American and Circus Circus. Both are using CMB 67's

What are the best break in props. Where to buy? I would like to buy ballanced and sharpened ready to run props.

Thanks for the help.

Kevin Thoele

Hello Kevin .

Over here in Australia I have seen a member from another Club running a Scale Boat using a Greenhead CMB Motor on unknown Nitro content that was recently described as a rocket . The owner tells me that he runs a Prather 255 . If you have some Octura props , then you can try either 2 or 3 blades in a range from ( X ) pushing rather than 14 series - lifting from 55 , 57 60 , 62 mm dia . As well you could attend a Boat Club in your area and under arrangement with other members try 1 of their props on the understanding that if you lose it , then you replace it . I recently sourced some new and s / h props from members on this forum . Hopefully this helps with your enquiries .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Kevin .

Over here in Australia I have seen a member from another Club running a Scale Boat using a Greenhead CMB Motor on unknown Nitro content that was recently described as a rocket . The owner tells me that he runs a Prather 255 . If you have some Octura props , then you can try either 2 or 3 blades in a range from ( X ) pushing rather than 14 series - lifting from 55 , 57 60 , 62 mm dia . As well you could attend a Boat Club in your area and under arrangement with other members try 1 of their props on the understanding that if you lose it , then you replace it . I recently sourced some new and s / h props from members on this forum . Hopefully this helps with your enquiries .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia
Id run a x457 no break in needed other than a couple of good heat cycles. Run it plenty rich thru the heat cycle and get about 12 ounces thru the motor before you get it wet

Hello Kevin .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia
Id run a x457 no break in needed other than a couple of good heat cycles. Run it plenty rich thru the heat cycle and get about 12 ounces thru the motor before you get it wet
Thanks guys.

Any shop or place you can recommend to buy ready to run props?

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin: get a hold of Mark Sholund, he goes by shoboat on here, or his web site Props4u.com he can do what ever you need in the way of props. great service. Rick

Kevin: get a hold of Mark Sholund, he goes by shoboat on here, or his web site Props4u.com he can do what ever you need in the way of props. great service. Rick

Thanks for the help guys. I will get ahold of Mark

Kevin,

A X-457,X-460,Prather 250 or 255 would be a good place to start with the scale boats.

1667,H-38, or H-48 should work well on the 84 SGX. They are $50.00 to $60.00 each shipped.

Give Me A Call After 2PM EST.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Talked to Mark today and ordered some props. He was great to deal with and full of great info expecially for a new guy like me. Mark the price you quoted me that I sent is for ready to run props correct?

Thanks again for your help.

Kevin

Received my props today. What a great job Mark did. I look forward to taking my new boats out for a spin soon.

Thanks for your awesome work

Kevin

Latest posts

Back