Gas Bags/IV Bags

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstrbmech

Hey guys I am calling on your all your knowledge. I need help on where I can come up with the small 500ml (I think) I went to the local hospital to see if I could get some empties and well they said no way its BIOHAZZARD. Any sugestions? Thanks alot i will pay for them if you have a hook-up. Thanks again Navy Dave.

Hey guys I am calling on your all your knowledge. I need help on where I can come up with the small 500ml (I think) I went to the local hospital to see if I could get some empties and well they said no way its BIOHAZZARD. Any sugestions? Thanks alot i will pay for them if you have a hook-up. Thanks again Navy Dave.
HI

I'm in the process of (trying)to get some from my sister as she is an RN at the local hospital.

I'll let you know if i have any luck.

Jeff

HI

I'm in the process of (trying)to get some from my sister as she is an RN at the local hospital.

I'll let you know if i have any luck.

Jeff
Try Dean Werges i think thats how he drink his coffee in the morning [email protected]

Here ya go-

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PRODUCT-IV-FUEL-BA...1QQcmdZViewItem

BTW- I know the guy who is selling these so no worries. :)

I need to grab some when I go to the hospital but I haven't been there for a while.

There are 2 major manufacturers of IV bags and I believe that the better one is made by Baxter.

See if there is a hospital supply store near you as they should have empty IV bags.

Hey Don, I have used these twice and the tube came out both times. Plus I like the IV bags because they only have one hole. Dave

If you want the real deal IV simgle tube go over to Jim's and look around two three different folks have them . . .Zac (Zipper99) has them advertized all the time. He also set's them up with a NO-Pinch brass tube at the inlet.

If you can't find it I'll see how to attach a link?

BigRagu

:D :D :D

I have used the same bag don is refurring to and the tubes do come out. Zac at American RC has the good ones. If you get them from the hospital, make sure the brand of the bag is baxter.

Brian

Hi all , simplest way to get the iv bags is to go and ask your local vet /animal shelter , they have no problem giving me the empty bags , and they are baxter brand , never had a problem with them , rinsed them with metho and some fuel before putting good stuff in them

i drilled the centre out of a 1/4 stainless bolt shank(cut the thread and head off), silver soldered a 3/16 brass tube into it , worked it into the bag and put a zip tie onto it , even if i wanted to get it out i cant , need to cut the bag off it ,thats how well it stays in

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
Like has been said if you must use IV bags your vet is the best bet. Most vets reuse their old IV bags as urine bags so make sure you explain that you want clean ones that have not contained urine. If you get one that contained ringers it has sugar in it all you need to do is put in a little mixed fuel and the oil in the fuel will atach to the sugar and it will lump up and make it easy to see and make sure you get it all out.

I have changed all my boats over to the bags that Bruce Hansen sells. I get free IV bags from our vet and had a father in law in the hospital with tripple bypass surgery and had the nurses save all the IV baggs for me, but I only keep those for backup. I have found that the baggs bruce sells never get hard and on top of that have a lifetime warenty in addition to having two lines built in they are the best way to hold fuel in a gas boat.

WHOO! HOO! FISRT BLOOD SEAHAWKS BABY!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the twin tube bags pictured and would sweat by them. I get the ones sold at Rocket City Racing on Jims BD and have never had one fail. They don't get hard like the hospital bags. One line goes to the carb and one is used for filling. They work great. 2 for $10.00

I need to grab some when I go to the hospital but I haven't been there for a while.

There are 2 major manufacturers of IV bags and I believe that the better one is made by Baxter.

See if there is a hospital supply store near you as they should have empty IV bags.
Me and my big mouth! Guess where I am? Yup, I had a heart attack at work last night at around 10:20 PM Michigan time. They took me down around noon today for an angioplasty and it looks like I may be going in Thursday AM for a bypass. Yeah, I'm not too thrilled about it but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

I'm hooked up to a Hospira brand IV bag.

You can't use them for nitro use that I know of as you only have the one line going out plus I don't think that they could take the pressure off a pipe.

Me and my big mouth! Guess where I am? Yup, I had a heart attack at work last night at around 10:20 PM Michigan time. They took me down around noon today for an angioplasty and it looks like I may be going in Thursday AM for a bypass. Yeah, I'm not too thrilled about it but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

I'm hooked up to a Hospira brand IV bag.

You can't use them for nitro use that I know of as you only have the one line going out plus I don't think that they could take the pressure off a pipe.
HOLY SXXT RON!!! We're rootin' for a strong & speedy re-coop man! :)

Yeah Don, it sucks. I'm not feeling too bad right now but looking at the clock, 24 hours ago I was one hurtin' mutha. I did walk into the E.R. under my own power.

Back