Don't Turn Left?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john chamorro

I'm about ready to run my PB 1/12 Miss Bud boat for the first time. Everything I read says don't turn left at speed. How can I make the boat so that it will without flipping? Remove turn fin? Smaller? One on each side?

Adjust your end point adjustments with your radio so the boat only has enough left rudder to pass another boat 5-7 degrees should work.

No,.. that type of hull is not designed to turn right and left. For that you will need a cat or mono,. hydros are typically made to only turn right.

Hmmm, I guess I'll have to get busy on another boat. I have a little 5 acre pond I wanted to play around on but going in circles by yourself will get old pretty quick I think.

With out a turn fin it would just slide acrost the water,the turn fin is used to keep it from doing that.I would get a mono for what you want to do.

Hmmm, I guess I'll have to get busy on another boat. I have a little 5 acre pond I wanted to play around on but going in circles by yourself will get old pretty quick I think.
I think it all depends on how fast your making those circles ;)
x2 ;)

Play around with a stop watch and see where you can improve, helps the bordom on a slower boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it all depends on how fast your making those circles ;)
x2 ;)

Play around with a stop watch and see where you can improve, helps the bordom on a slower boat.
Was my little Miss Bud just insulted?? My boat has a bigger pond than your boat. :rolleyes:

No, that wasn't an insult. The Pro Boat hydroplanes are known for being slower than most other boats. What Andy was saying is, for a real challenge, set up an oval course on your pond and start tweeking the boat to see how much you can improve it as far as speed. A couple of things you can do, for example, is laminate some 1/32 or 1/16 ply to the bottom of the sponsons and square up the edges or experiement with different props. Stay away from the plastic and carbon fiber props as they tend to flex and break

No, I know it wasn't an insult. I was being funny in my own sort of way. (I couldn't find the right happy face to go with it). I'm learning about these boats after being away for 30 or so years. I may not catch up , but I'll have fun chasing. I really appreciate all the input from everybody.

John

We got ya John.. I dont know why HJ dove off the high dive like that ..lol

Lots of ways to have fun with that boat.. Untill a Miss Vegas gets becide you.. BAZINGA!

Keep us posted on your testing!

Grim

Sorry Grim, that was going off the low board. I don't do high boards after getting slammed a few too many times :ph34r:

Since I didn't know if John was serious about his boat being insulted, I decided to play it safe and assume it was a serious post. Was I wrong on anything I said?

My boat isn't smart enough to know wheter it was insulted or not. I've called it a lot of things and it didn't seem to pay any attention.

It can make a differance on what side the rudder is on if its on the left it will be more prone to flip as it acts like a pivot point going left.It pulls the turn fin up so it needs a big hook to help it from pulling up.Having the rudder on the right pivots from the other side of the hull which helps it from pivoting on the left corner.

Back