Boeing U-787

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for IMPBA, the U787 will not be legal under the current rules. It did not Race or qualify. This is clear in our rules.

I think you have brought up some issues that indeed need to be clarified, re: antique class boats....

Brian

IMPBA D14 director

Gotta ask- what is up with the scoop on the U-17 Red Dot?? Man that is just down right ugly. :blink:
Don,

It may be the shape of things to come, Red Dot & Beacon Plumbing (Madison)

See My Album for pics
Well that's not as bad and it's just a salt scoop add on for the Beacon. Sorry guys that Red Dot scoop just doesn't do it for me. Not to mention I'd hate to get caught behind someone's roostertail in a turn on a scale version, it just begs to fill the hull with water. :wacko:

I just finished watching KIRO footage of the Seafair race and they have a bit of footage of the U-787 running and man is it a pretty boat on the water. Sven Ellstrom was interviewed as saying the boat would only run as an exhibition. Too bad that paint scheme is very nice. Final was a gas to watch as Villwock and Theoret punked each other before the start. Villwock actually stalled and went dead at the point of the turn! Congrats to Steve David he and the Oberto Family have a good thing going there. In watching how that boat handles I expect nothing but good things to come for them....nice boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
The u787 is on rcu's hull roster and is up for draw as we speak the boat did run during qualifing at 131 mph they did not score it do to the fact they did not plan on racing. rcu never considered the vintage boats due to the fact most of there paint schemes are diffent enough to put them up for draw. but that does bring up a good arguement if they should or should'nt

Back