• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Air scoop

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

douglong

Supporting Member
Wanting to add this to my slingshot to get more air into the carburetor. Would anyone know where I can purchase 1 of these scoops?
Thanks in advance.
Doug

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240626_073417_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240626_073417_YouTube.jpg
    913.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240626_073415_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240626_073415_YouTube.jpg
    885.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240626_073414_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240626_073414_YouTube.jpg
    964.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240626_073345_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240626_073345_YouTube.jpg
    996.2 KB · Views: 0
I was going to suggest the same thing Raul Rodriguez has a bunch of air ducks that are different sizes and hardly weigh anything. I got a bunch of them from him at the Gas Nats to use on future projects.

Attachments

• IMG_1153.jpeg
    IMG_1153.jpeg
    725.1 KB · Views: 0
Save yourself some time and weight and put an oval shape hole in the cowl behind carb. I wouldnt think the buldge on the side of cowl would be good aero at 80 either.Just my opinion not to offend in any way.
Yup. This is what I do to our slingshot and Banshee cowls. Cut up front and cut behind. In heat racing I’ll tape up the front hole and leave the back one open. No need to buy a scoop imho.

-TJ

Attachments

• IMG_6620.png
    IMG_6620.png
    9.8 MB · Views: 0
Not to take over Doug's post but, I think there is a need for different size scoops made from Fiberglass. My reason for fiberglass is because fiber glass can be altered at the base to fit different situations/needs. I know I would like three-four of two different sizes. Sure, I could make my own. But, I really don't want to spend that much time!

I can make them from fiberglass easy. I just dont have a design that most would like. What are people liking as a duct?
Mike

I'd like one or two to imitate the air intake for a turbine engine. Or two smaller ones that could be placed on both sides of a cockpit to act as the same. Also, a size that would be scale like as for an intake for an internal combustion engine(s). And, a smaller size that could be turned around backwards to draw heat or fumes out. To protect an opening from water entering from splash ups or rooster tails more along the size of what you might see to house mirrors...
My favorite class has always been Sport 40. Always will be... But, that doesn't mean I want my boat to look like everyone else's! Some guy's can do some pretty fantastic paint job's!! And some of us have to find other ways to stand out...

Ken

Last edited:
Back