why nitro? just give me a good reason why i should

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for all the input...well the Phil Thomas BUD T5 is on its way,nice boat to go along with my circus circus...two of my favorite boats...i am sure i am going to have a lot more questions for you all when i get up and running,hopefully before the lakes freeze around here...i would like to try my hand at building my next boat myself...i would like the winston egale or smokin joes or even the 1984 atlas van lines...maybe someone will come out with a wood kit for these boats..i know dumas used to have the atlas,but i dont think they make it anymore...if you have any info on a wood kit for any of the mentioned boats,let me know,thanks.

Robert.. where you at..

I have a framed up Atlas that needs attention and a home... if you are close it just might work out.. if not thats OK too.

Just a thought.

Grim

ok,here is my first post to this forum...first off i like 1/8th scale hydros,i think they look awesome and they are one of the few rc boats that look like the real thing.i know there is a ton of options out there for gas boats,but i really want to run the scale hydros,just as a sport boater,not to race.really no clubs around my area.i know proboat makes a 1/8th scale gas hydro,but i heard they are junk,besides i like all the hull options in this class.i have a circus circus i just purchased and i am thinking of purchasing another hull as i type this.i just want a few good reasons why i should run a nitro boat over a gas boat,persaude me guys.its been 20 years that i have wanted one of these boats and now i am finally in a financial situation that i can afford one or two of these boats.i know the rc market has come a long way in the last 20 years with gas motors and nitro motors are becoming harder to come by.so i guess i am just looking for someone to tell me a good reason to run nitro over gas.thanks for your opinions in advance.
Nitro offers the most challenging issues and the most rewarding feeling. When a nitro motor is properly tuned it makes for some of the most exciting laps. Between the sound, smell and speed it is unmatched by any other power plant. I run Nitro, Gas and Electric and hands down a well tuned nitro motor is the most exciting of all three. When it comes to racing all three have very exciting racing.

If you just want an easy to tune boat and make a hundred laps in a row without refueling than a 1/6 scale Gas Scale hydro might be the way to go. Not sure what speeds they are seeing out of those yet.

Robert Holland

Latest posts

Back