what Hull will make the Spirit of Detroit 2007 boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larcor69

Supporting Member
is there a fiberglass hull on the market? to make the U-13 hull of 2007 green and yellow spirit of detroit hull?? I think that will be my build this winter along with 2 more gas whip's and a blazer Lauderbach to sell one of each see ya's in saginaw at the saginaw bay clissic sept, 13th

Last edited by a moderator:
is there a fiberglass hull on the market? to make the U-13 hull of 2007 green and yellow sprit of detroit hull?? I think that will be my build this winter along with 2 more gas whip's and a blazer Lauderbach to sell one of each see ya's in saginaw at the saginaw bay clissic sept, 13th
Now that is a good question. The boat was originally the 1987 U-00 Miller High Life, but as for how much has been changed, who knows. The sponsons are now Jones asymetricals, the cowl is patterned on the Budweiser style, not to mention the cockpit has been replaced with the new capsule design. I would recommend talking to David Newton since he would probably know for sure. He goes by "MiniCzar" in the forum or can be reached through the Newton Marine website at http://www.newtonmarine.com

is there a fiberglass hull on the market? to make the U-13 hull of 2007 green and yellow sprit of detroit hull?? I think that will be my build this winter along with 2 more gas whip's and a blazer Lauderbach to sell one of each see ya's in saginaw at the saginaw bay clissic sept, 13th
I could make a hull for you,, the wings and the cowls are the U13 style. Do you have pictures of the boat? I have some and a friend has built one of the U13 here so I can work out the details ok. Im sure we have the graphics too from Weselys. Only thing to mod would be the transom details as to rear sponson shapes. I can do that for you.

Email [email protected]

Phil Thomas

I was seriously considering doing the transom mods to my new DPS hull and making this boat. Really like the color scheme, very easy to see. Decision time will hit when I eventually get the parts still owed to me for it and if I have the nerve to start cutting on a brand new rather hard to get hull. :blink:

Might be better to use the hull you're getting for a plug and modify the mold to match the U-13 Don. Then you would have the best of both B)

Cory

You might want to talk to Teddy, as he crews on that boat. It was behind the grandstands at the Gold Cup in Detroit, that's the last time I saw it.

I believe that hull is #8700 in the master hull register. This is the hull that I am moulding but I am making it so it fits the dimensioning of hull #8401 as well. This way, it can make up to 49 different boats. It won't be done until sometime next year if I can find the time for it. I will have the cowls for the Miller American, Circus, Miller High Life, Smokin Joes, American Spirit, Close Call, York Cooling & Spirit of Detroit. Big undertaking, but it should be fun and keep me out of trouble for a while.

Dave

I think a Joe Moceri hull will do the U-13 Chuck Hildreth has one but is SCEERED to get it out and play.........

Yeah the Joe Moceri hull will do it. I have one of his hulls its layed up really good and its great looking hull, The U- 13 has the offset so phils would work too. Im building the U-3 Master Tire with mine hopefully this winter.

Mikey, Joes boat will make the U-13. Joe already knows the mods he needs to do to make the hull. Your right, Our spirit wont come out to play. But that no playing will end at evansville. It going to make a showing if all goes well. Dean Werges painted with the newest show clear from ppg. Wes made up the graphics. All in all its a boat that is ocol enough to make Chuck a little scared to bring her out. Ken

I was seriously considering doing the transom mods to my new DPS hull and making this boat. Really like the color scheme, very easy to see. Decision time will hit when I eventually get the parts still owed to me for it and if I have the nerve to start cutting on a brand new rather hard to get hull. :blink:
What?????? :blink: Sell it to me I will use it to make the U-3. But you would have to sell it at a discount since you don't have all the parts. LOL :D

Joe's hulls are awesome. I need to get off my --- and finish mine! Plus Joe is a great guy to deal with!

Phil,

I think you could do this boat. If you need more pics. I have a lot, and Mikey has a lot from Evansville. We needed them to make the transom correct. Ken

HEY GUYS,HERES A PICTURE OF THIS HULL AS IT SAT BEHIND THE GRADSTANDS IN WATERWORKS PARK

GOOD LUCK!

NORM J

FMBC

GLMBC

IMG_2187.JPG

nice pic, I dont think I could get the decal's for that race look's sweet though, I have my painter lined up, Phil's got a job in front of mine then the modded build for me, I need to get ahold of westley's for my decal's, cant wait to drill tap set up and sand her for paint!! it's gunna be fun!!! fresh cmb hr will have 2 more race's on it this season, new hardware and and extra set of all up right's,wing and front canard to have just incase all painted up at once!!

Hey Grim, how did that wood baffle work out on your 82U55 o'boy hull, ???? aint seen much since spring time on that build, did'nt catch fire did it??

Grim,

Is that a wooden "muffler/silencer" in the back of your hydro?

Great looking boat Grim. I do see a problem that may bite you in the you know what. That is a great idea on the muffler mounted in the boat but I think it might catch on fire and burn your boat up before you know it is going on. I have seen fire out of the stinger of pipes when a boat is running at night. In tuning twins in the dark and reving them up a little I have seen the fire as long as 6 to 8 inches. It is a very pretty watching it. But I don't think it would by watching a nice boat go up on smoke.

• World Racer
  • bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png

• Group: Members
Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:55 PM

Then it will be one HOT boat!
laugh.gif

Grim

the hull looks more like the T5-6 but with some little differents with the back of the cowl top has an openning and back band edge round the back of the cowl....plus at the end of the transom were the back sponsons ends are cut strait flush not on a 35 degree angle like the buds are..and no little V lip edge on the leftside at the back of the trans like the buds and Oberto has..No 1/4 round notch at the bottom back end of the tailfins like the buds have.I bet you can mod a Miss Bud hull in to that hull?.....its not that far off..

Latest posts

Back