what Hull will make the Spirit of Detroit 2007 boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe did new wing molds for Chucks boat, You can bet Phil can use the molds because Phil has used some of Joe's stuff before. The Mods to the cowl and transom on our boat were done by Joe also. But I am sure Phil can do this as I know him well and know what he can do with wood and fiberglass. Hey Phil, how is the Bacardi replacement boat comming? You will have to deal with the 7up Boat at Hobart. I feel weird driving it as Chuck has always raced under the 7up banner. But hey, even I can make 7 "up yours" work for me. haha!! Phil is doing a little work to make my new Bacardi hold its big front wing I use better. He is getting to be a busy boy for this winter. haha!! Ken

:huh:

the hull looks more like the T5-6 but with some little differents with the back of the cowl top has an openning and back band edge round the back of the cowl....plus at the end of the transom were the back sponsons ends are cut strait flush not on a 35 degree angle like the buds are..and no little V lip edge on the leftside at the back of the trans like the buds and Oberto has..No 1/4 round notch at the bottom back end of the tailfins like the buds have.I bet you can mod a Miss Bud hull in to that hull?.....its not that far off..

Phil has the hull finished for me, now I just need someone here to sign for it, fedex keep's trying but nobody's home at 1030 am all set for wed. have a kid home!! I will post a few pic's of Phil's great work, if this site will let me post a pic's, aint been able to for awhile now
cool.gif

Thanks for the extra pic's,can never have enough!, Teddy crew's that boat too, and I will have to let him take me down where it's parked downtown in the "D"
smile.gif
. I got the hull today, with all the Mod's done to the rear I will have a few other modding of the rear cowl and shape the nose abit, will start a build thread when I start, waiting on some filler..Corey

Holy bat crap, I have to do a lot of change's to make this hull work, it can be done, I just need to focus and take my time, I am usually impatiant with thing's but cant be with this build, I want and need it right, I will need to make the back of the front sponsons strait cut, not slanted, anybody have any idea's as how to do that?, I can usually throw together any hull and run it, but this will take a lot of reshaping, Thanks to any one's in put!!
cool.gif

Rather than chopping up the hull, why not just install a mounting block/spacer to give you a vertical mounting point for the bracket? I know that's how the skid fin bracket is mounted on both the 8806 and the 0706 full sized hulls

I am just gunna leave it alone, it just wont be a concorse boat, I already have an angled turn fin bracket made for that hull, if I made them flat, they wont be recessed deep enough, Thanks though..Corey

Corey,

Give me a call and I can see if I can help you out. I need to see the boat and then see what changes need to be made. Let me know what you what to do?

Bert

I cant really leave it alone. will be doing some serious reshaping to rear pad's and rear front sponson's, I wanna switch this thread to the U-13 build thread..Corey

Latest posts

Back