U-3- 2003- Graphics Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Jones

Supporting Member
Do any of you Evansville guys or anyone else know which way the graphics were applied on the 2003 Master Tire as it ran in Madison? This is the Cooper Tires boat. The 2005 boat had the graphics at a slant but I've seen earlier versions w/ them horizontal to the water.

Do any of you Evansville guys or anyone else know which way the graphics were applied on the 2003 Master Tire as it ran in Madison? This is the Cooper Tires boat. The 2005 boat had the graphics at a slant but I've seen earlier versions w/ them horizontal to the water.
BUDDY BENEDICT KNOWS MORE THAN ANY AND LIVES A COUPLE MILES FROM COOPER I WILL ASK

The PR guy for the team that I got the really nice overhead shot from confirmed that it was from 2004 but he can't seem to find any shots of it from the side. I contacted him yesterday and he said he would talk to Ed and try to get an answer for me. No telling how long that may take though as they are gearing up for the first race in a few weeks. I did see one pic on their website that has a shot from Madison and the MASTER TIRE on the verts is horizontal, need to see if they ran at Evansville with that MASTER TIRE at a slant.

Last edited by a moderator:
The PR guy for the team that I got the really nice overhead shot from confirmed that it was from 2004 but he can't seem to find any shots of it from the side. I contacted him yesterday and he said he would talk to Ed and try to get an answer for me. No telling how long that may take though as they are gearing up for the first race in a few weeks. I did see one pic on their website that has a shot from Madison and the MASTER TIRE on the verts is horizontal, need to see if they ran at Evansville with that MASTER TIRE at a slant.
Mike:

Let's go w/ horizontal. Good spot on the u-3 web site. I believe this is the version we're trying to do. So it must have been in 2004. Could not have been in 2005 as I was at the race and have plenty of pics of that version. I can't imagine they had slanted graphics on the verticals in Evansville as those two races are always just a week or two apart. Soooo, I'm good w/ horizontal if you are.

If I remember right, The MASTER TIRE graphics have always been horizontal. It is VACATIONVILLE.COM that is slanted. I have been to Ed's Shop and I remember that the MASTER TIRE graphic has been horizontal.

Hope this Helps

Jonathon Benedict

Actually last year on the 2005 boat that had Hankook Tires rather than Cooper Tires on it it had the MASTER Tire slanted on the verts and the decks had I believe it was Hardy Brake & Electric on it instead if the J. Clary graphic. There were also a couple of Master Tire boats from the late 90's that had it slanted as well. It all depended on how many smaller sponsors on the vertical fins.

Back