Tune pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOTTI

I am running my tunepipe under the deck and through the transom. I had to extend the tunepipe with a brass tube. My question is what do you guys use as a gasket when you run the tunepipe through the transom? Are there any hardware kits for this intall? Thanks in advance.

I am running my tunepipe under the deck and through the transom. I had to extend the tunepipe with a brass tube. My question is what do you guys use as a gasket when you run the tunepipe through the transom? Are there any hardware kits for this intall? Thanks in advance.

Rubber hose or coupler material works. I've also used a Toyota PCV valve grommet before.

I use a piece of 3/4 tubing exiting the transom. Then a piece of 3/4 silicone heater hose available from auto stores. Its clean and when butted to back of tuned pipe after a couple runs it seals up real good and stops the oily mess. Ive had it on 3 scales with no concerns and if you change pipes of lengths just cut another piece of hose...... Mike

Back