Thunder boats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertWurster

Dose any one know how good theses zip kit boats are and if thay are worth it.under 2 hundreds not bad but are they good kits.Thanx

I built one last winter. The kit is very easy to put togeather. Mine is very stable and corners better than any nitro boat I have ever raced. They are very compedative because of the motor restriction rules that IMPBA uses. I have never had mine on radar, but a friend from TN says his will run 59MPH in the streights with a stock 260 Z-Motor set up for heat raceing. After competeing with it in a few races this year, I would say that my ZIPP is now my favorite boat.

Build one and you won't be disapointed

DonB

I built one last winter. The kit is very easy to put togeather. Mine is very stable and corners better than any nitro boat I have ever raced. They are very compedative because of the motor restriction rules that IMPBA uses. I have never had mine on radar, but a friend from TN says his will run 59MPH in the streights with a stock 260 Z-Motor set up for heat raceing. After competeing with it in a few races this year, I would say that my ZIPP is now my favorite boat.

DonB
these are without a doubt worth every penny of the money they cost.they are three of these in our club and they all perform very equally about

the same give of take a mile per hr.or two. my advice,buy one.

Mark

DonB
these are without a doubt worth every penny of the money they cost.they are three of these in our club and they all perform very equally about

the same give of take a mile per hr.or two. my advice,buy one.

Mark
After 7 years away from the hobby, other than running the old boats, I have build a Zipp's Rockett kit and painted it into a 62 Notre Dame lookalike for sport running, the kit was shiped from States to the other side of the globe in Asia, it is really a joy to build and it runs okay.

Gilbert

The fastest wood thunderboat at the NAMBA Nationals was the Blazer Marine boat. The Zipkit boats need to be modified slightly to conform with the NAMBA rules.

Lohring Miller

Back