Stolen Boats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i made some flyers to post at my local hobby shop but it dawned on me i have no contact info to put on the flyers. can anyone help with a # or email?

I don't believe Allen's trailer wasn't locked. It seems that the lock wasn't enough to deter the thieves. It has me thinking of what to do for my trailer. Wheel locks sound good, and a car alarm tied into the electic brake system to also activate the brakes if it is set off. Bottom line, I got to call my insurance company and check on my coverage whether I'm home or on the road.

If you ever have to file a claim never mention the word racing or racing equipment. Most insurance companies have disclamers for anything "racing related". I had a trailer full of race carts and tools destroyed when a guy rear ended me, totaling out my truck and trailer. It took me 6 months to finally get my money and I was only able to do it because the agent let me "re list" the items destroyed and take off the word race from race cart etc. Also, don't think your trailer is insured just because it sits on your property. It's not, unless you have it specifically insured with it's own policy. I read my truck policy that states anything in tow is insured up to a certain amount. I then read my building policy that says anything on your property (or something like that) I figured I was smarter than they were and cancled my policy till a friend got his trailer stolen. It was not insured and, as usual, the insurance companies have a ryder for "titled" property. :ph34r:

The trailer and contents should be covered as personal property under a homeowners policy, subject to a maximum limit and deductable. The trailer is covered while towing it for liability under your car policy, but not for comp or collision, and nothing on the contents. I had a minor collision and found out about that. The bus was covered, but nothing on the damage to the trailer.

Guys Thanks for all of the responses. As for the trailer yes there was a lock on the noise of it.( nothing that a really big hammer didn't take care of) As for the future of the trailer it will remain where it was but with a whole lot more locks that will keep the trailer where it is supposed to be.

As for the coverage of the trailer I had seprate coverage on it. As for the boats they are covered under the home owners policy with a 20% depre. on all of the stuff until I replace it then it is covered at 100% replacement cost. Once the settlement is done they say I have up to one year to replace all of the items for full re-imbursment.

But I was just looking at the policy no where in the policy does it say that it will cover the time that I have into building them. ( whats up with that) I guest what I'm trying to say is you just have to take what you can get and roll with what life has in store for you. But this S--t really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really Thanks Guys

Alan Terry :unsure:

Once the settlement is done they say I have up to one year to replace all of the items for full re-imbursment.

But I was just looking at the policy no where in the policy does it say that it will cover the time that I have into building them. ( whats up with that) I guest what I'm trying to say is you just have to take what you can get and roll with what life has in store for you. But this S--t really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really Thanks Guys

Alan Terry :unsure:

Make you missing item list and now since you have to replace them all include everything from the glue to the clear coat to make sure that you get all that you lost. Also remember all of the other small things that you first do not think of ( Stand for boat , tools , brass tubing, sandpaper etc. ) You will always forget something as you never think of all that went into building these boats.

Yea it really SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!100%

You may want to ask the bank to front you the money for replacement of all of you stuff and let them know why ( one year replacement clause in your policy ) should be fine as bank will be reimbursed from the funds from insurance company.

Hope you get everything up and running for the season.

Thomas

Allen,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune and have experienced this kind of S**T before. I want to help and hopefully have an offer you can't refuse.

I have an Eagle SGX .21, with a mac .21, Fat pipe, Ferrette fuel valve and so on.....

I am willling to send the boat and motor package to you, at no cost for you or a family member to race for your up coming race season. I know bad things can happen to race boats so all I ask is that you repair or replace any damaged items to the best of your ability before you send it back to me at the end of your 2006 race season. I was not going to be racing this boat for our up coming season anyways. I would rather know that it is being raced than see it sitting on the shelf. You can see this boat on the www.cmdracing.com website with my son holding it. We ran this boat on 6-8 days and that is it. I haven't even completely tromed it out as of yet. You would be welcome to change anything you want with no approval by me. Treated it and trim it as if it were your own boat. NO OBLIGATIONS.

I recently receive a 90% kit, Eagle .67 from John Brown that I can send as well as long as you order me a new one to replace it and get it to me as soon as CMD has completed it. I was planning on completeing this kit for the 2007 race season. That might actually be a bit optimistic as my 4th child was born 7 weeks ago.

Your reputation proceeds you and that is why I make this offer.

Anyway no obligations and I can send these out if you want next week.

Robert Holland

Namba, District 20

[email protected]

The issue of locks these days is really kind of funny actually. When my trailer was stolen a couple of years ago I was sure thay would have had to torch the tongue lock to get it off. The cop that took the report says that nowadays they shoot it with liquid nitrogen and wait about 30 seconds and hit it with a hammer. It freezes so brittle that it just shatters. He shocked me with all that he told me about how quickly and easily trailers can be stolen. My replacement trailer is just a tad smaller than the one that got rpped and I can now park it in the garage...with all the locks on it of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue of locks these days is really kind of funny actually. When my trailer was stolen a couple of years ago I was sure thay would have had to torch the tongue lock to get it off. The cop that took the report says that nowadays they shoot it with liquid nitrogen and wait about 30 seconds and hit it with a hammer. It freezes so brittle that it just shatters. He shocked me with all that he told me about how quickly and easily trailers can be stolen. My replacement trailer is just a tad smaller than the one that got rpped and I can now park it in the garage...with all the locks on it of course.
:eek: Thats fact TRUE!! I had bad expenience before lost my mountian bike$ 1500.00 because I paid high quality U-locker over $250.00. I was shocked missed my bike just locker damaged on floor. I went report to police office and I asked policeman Why did my U-Locker broke damaged so He told me that smart robbery shoot fueling butane liqiud spray then two hammers jammed 15 second . I hardly beleive it so wonder No one perfect. :huh:

Rodert,

Thanks for the offer but with the help of all the mebbers of district 9 and me close freinds. We will have a couple of boats back on the water soon. But I am really touched by the way that people that share the same hobby can pull together to help some one that incounters a huge lose like this. Good luck with the new baby may he or she grow up to be as good of a person as there DAD.

Thanks Alan Terry

Namba 618

Robert,

I would just like to say that the world could use a lot more like the Holland Family. :)

Don :)

Allen,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune and have experienced this kind of S**T before. I want to help and hopefully have an offer you can't refuse.

I have an Eagle SGX .21, with a mac .21, Fat pipe, Ferrette fuel valve and so on.....

I am willling to send the boat and motor package to you, at no cost for you or a family member to race for your up coming race season. I know bad things can happen to race boats so all I ask is that you repair or replace any damaged items to the best of your ability before you send it back to me at the end of your 2006 race season. I was not going to be racing this boat for our up coming season anyways. I would rather know that it is being raced than see it sitting on the shelf. You can see this boat on the www.cmdracing.com website with my son holding it. We ran this boat on 6-8 days and that is it. I haven't even completely tromed it out as of yet. You would be welcome to change anything you want with no approval by me. Treated it and trim it as if it were your own boat. NO OBLIGATIONS.

I recently receive a 90% kit, Eagle .67 from John Brown that I can send as well as long as you order me a new one to replace it and get it to me as soon as CMD has completed it. I was planning on completeing this kit for the 2007 race season. That might actually be a bit optimistic as my 4th child was born 7 weeks ago.

Your reputation proceeds you and that is why I make this offer.

Anyway no obligations and I can send these out if you want next week.

Robert Holland

Namba, District 20

[email protected]
Now that is classy!

Back