Stolen Boats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Alan terry

Could I please ask a favor of all of the boaters that are out and about in California. All of my stuff was stolen today from infront of my house along with the trailer that they where all in. The CHP retrieved the trailer in a little over three hours but in that time all of my boating equipment was striped from the trailer. The following list is just the boats that where in the trailer at the time that it was taken.

2- Seaducer 21 mono's rtr ( the kids)

2- Seaducer 45 mono's rtr ( one the wifes championchip boat, the other her new one )

1- Seaducer 67 mono rtr ( my national winning boat)

1- Roadrunner 21 hydro rtr ( my son's district championchip boat)

1- Roadrunner 45 Hydro rtr (my play around boat)

1-CMDI sg 90/1.0 Eagle rtr ( my baby for the last couple of years)

1 Phil Thomas sport 21 rtr ( my daughters boat)

1-Phil Thomas sport 45 rtr ( my nationals winning boat)

1-1/8 scale 94' Tide rtr ( just redone this year)

If anyone see's my boats or boat stuff around please call me & the local police because some S....O.....B... stole all of it. Any help would be greatful

Thanks Alan Terry

Namba 618

:angry:

Alan,

I will tell my frieds that live out that way about this. I hope you get them back. If you have any pictures of them, post them on here and that would help.

-Carl,

Last edited by a moderator:
Could I please ask a favor of all of the boaters that are out and about in California. All of my stuff was stolen today from infront of my house along with the trailer that they where all in. The CHP retrieved the trailer in a little over three hours but in that time all of my boating equipment was striped from the trailer. The following list is just the boats that where in the trailer at the time that it was taken.

2- Seaducer 45 mono's rtr ( one the wifes championchip boat, the other her new one )

If anyone see's my boats or boat stuff around please call me & the local police because some S....O.....B... stole all of it. Any help would be greatful

Thanks Alan Terry

Namba 618

:huh: :unsure: Oh Holy! keep to watch on ebay Do you have to show any pictures to boat club?

Alan;

Where in California did this happen ? I travel alot through out LA and Orange counties and I am always checking out the hobby shops. If you could email me some pics, I'll keep a lookout for them.

Brian

hey alan, sorry to hear about your boats. to bad there isn't instant karma. i live in sacramento and i'll keep a lookout but it would be great to see what the boats look like or at least they're colors. i know the owners of the 3 hobby shops in the area and i'll let them know what to look for. carl holtz

It sounds like somebody knew the contents of the trailer. If you know of someone near where the trailer was found, that's where I'd start looking.

Sorry to hear the bad news Allen!

Don't have any current pics of the change to the 94' Tide but here's Allen's 92'....very beautiful boat, should be hard to sell without getting somebodies attention.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...lbum=312&pos=25

Allen's X Hydro

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...tup&cat=0&pos=1

Brenda's B Mono

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...tup&cat=0&pos=0

Allen's Sport 40

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...tup&cat=0&pos=0

Don't have any other pics but I think the Sport 21 had a Pink Panther theme.

Alan , sorry to hear about your loss

you may want to list what engines were in them as well , good chance they could turn up on ebay on there own , may lead you to the rest ..

Thanks Alan Terry

Namba 618

HOLY SHIZNIT!!! **** Alan this totally SUCKS! I agree with Ron, someone knew EXACTLY what they were after. Everyone please keep a keen eye on Ebay & for all those out west ,watch the local hobby shops. Not that it's any help now but having my trailer taken has been a fear of mine. I bought one of those super duty tongue locks that blocks & locks the ball receiver so you cannot hook up to the trailer. I think hearing this now justifies anyone having a trailer buying one. I don't leave my boats in the trailer, they come into the shop but regardless it's worth keeping even an empty trailer from getting taken. If you have pics of the boats please start a picture gallery for them. Also as suggested a list of each boats engines so we can what for them also. I will add a link to the pics in my signature line with a "please help-stolen boats" caption.

God Alan, that gives me a sick feeling in my stomach. I can't imagine how you feel. I'll keep an eye out for you. :(

One of my brothers owns a fence installing business. After getting his trailer broken into, he had a friend install an alarm system in it so if the doors were opened, a 140(!) dB siren went off. Place a switch in an area where it might not be readily seen. Has he done that sooner he would have saved about $6,000.00 in tools. There are a variety of hitch locks that can be gotten also to keep people from driving away with your gear.

I've asked Alan to get me a list of everything and I will post it on the District 9 website as soon as possible. If you see a bunch of stuff pop up on eBay with the same seller let Alan or me know ASAP.

I live 5 minutes from Alan and he called me right after it happened. What's weird is we seem to have had a number of thefts and break ins in recent years. I just found out about someone else in our district hat had his trailer broken into. I had my trailer stolen a little over 2 years ago from in front of my house as well. I didn't lose as much as Alan but it still sucks. Part that really sucked was that they found my trailer a month later. It was reported as abandoned in an alley on the North side of town and was taken to a tow yard. It sat in that tow yard for 4 months until a CHP stolen vehicle taskforce member located the second VIN number on the chassis because the one on the tongue had been ground off. The tow yard is in the same industrial area and their office door is 90 feet from the back door of the building that my office is in!

So Sorry for your loss, most of luck. Those are such specialty items that is would be somewhat hard to sell them to a racer without one of us crossing paths. Ill keep eye on ebay and other sites classifieds for the ones in the pics for sure. How about IW teams up and find some of this stuff. You should list anything personalized of boat matter that could easily be picked out if one of us find someone selling. Best of luck,

Larry

Chicago

sorry to hear about your stuff stolen.i would also check all pawn shops to especially ones that are in not so good areas.try to have some of your friends stop in and look around for you.put up flyers in markets and department stores.hope u get your stuff back.i will definattly watch ebay for u.im on it 3 or 4 hours at a time per day.

Alan,

I have a posting on the District 19 web site. If Mike sends me pics that he plans on using on the District 9 web site, I will follow suit.

Don't give up. Ira Cotton's Oh Boy! Oberto scale unlimited was found months later............ but it was found.

Al Waters

Alan,

Sorry to hear about this. I will put out the word at Legg Lake this Sunday. Keep the faith!!!!

Don :(

Alan,

I am very sorry to hear about this. The part that would worry me is the fact it happened right in front of your own house. Good grief..

If Mike will also forward me the pictures, etc. I will also post this on the NAMBA 7 webpage. The webpage is basic right now and a new one is being constructed - I can still post a Stolen Boats link..

I will keep my eyes open here. Printing pictures and lists of parts more importantly and heading to the pawnshops with this info would be a great idea. A good friend of mine manages a Cash America here and she deals with this stuff all the time. Even if they get spooked after bringing it in, most pawn shops have surveillance tapes. Most theifs wouldn't be dumb enough to take the whole boat in, because that is too obvious. But radios, engines, tools etc. they will do that.. Make sure you give good descriptions and also maybe better to find out who the area director of the pawn shop chain is, and have them forward the information.

Wow, that really sucks! Hope you get all your stuff back...I'll keep an eye out online for anything that sounds suspicious. Good luck.

Alan :ph34r: Do you have serial number id for your 5 Seaducer monos because Jerry Crowther already stamped left side serial number onto the area rail and bottom. Hope to find then easy catch important serial number.

Back