Sport 40 prop

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenng

Has anyone tried the 1650 on a sport 40? It seems to have the diameter and pitch I'm looking for. Any mods needed? De-tonguing etc.?

Thanks,

Glenn

Has anyone tried the 1650 on a sport 40? It seems to have the diameter and pitch I'm looking for. Any mods needed? De-tonguing etc.?

Thanks,

Glenn
It is a lifting prop with too much pitch, If you find some mods that would work LMK. The 1455 is best with some cup

Thanks,

Glenn
It is a lifting prop with too much pitch, If you find some mods that would work LMK. The 1455 is best with some cup

Phil, the best I've found so far @ 4000 ft elevation is the P-230( for my friends S.S. 45 hulls) About the same pitch as the 1455 but smaller in dia. I'm not sure I can pull a 55 mm prop at this altitude(thats what I use on my 1/8 scale). Guess that leaves me with a couple options- reduce the diameter on a 1455 or re-shape the blades and or back or Barr cut on the 1650. Still haven't got the sport 40 round nose back from the painter-will send a few pics when I do.

Thanks,

Glenn

The 40 roundnose likes various props. It ran ok on x646/3 x447/3 x450 and the 1455 2 blade and three blade props. maybe a 1450 1452 would be good for you too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any suggestions for a Dumas Atlas U-76 with a OPS disk .45? I havent ran it yet and thought i give 40% nitro a shot first, unless theres other suggestions with that too.

Any suggestions for a Dumas Atlas U-76 with a OPS disk .45? I havent ran it yet and thought i give 40% nitro a shot first, unless theres other suggestions with that too.
the x447/3 and 450/2 are always good baseline props to start with, the bigger props like the 1455/2 and 3 blade depend on the motor strong motor)and pipe length(a little longer) this prop diameter need to be reduced till you get it where you want but i know it works.......Maybe MArk will chime in

Like Rick said the 447/3 i had tried the 450/2 and the 646/3 stock and pitched and cupped went to the 447/3 wow what speed, i had been using the 450/2 on the AC boat, the Thomas boat loves the small prop

Gee, do I dare ask about a modded and lightened Dumas 20 sized Pak with a NR 5 port .21? I'd like to see speeds over 50 MPH if possible

Like Rick said the 447/3 i had tried the 450/2 and the 646/3 stock and pitched and cupped went to the 447/3 wow what speed, i had been using the 450/2 on the AC boat, the Thomas boat loves the small prop

I'm a bit supprised how many answered "X447/3" . So I just got to ask- how short are the pipes? If you're getting good speed the motors must be wound pretty high.

Thanks,

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm a bit supprised how many answered "X447/3" . So I just got to ask- how short are the pipes? If you're getting good speed the motors must be wound pretty high.

Thanks,

Glenn
Not much difference in the pitch but alot less load on the motor. You can bend up the very tips to get more speed if your motor will do it.

Thanks,

Glenn
10-1/4 to 10-3/8"

Very conservative, but consistant!!!!

Thanks,

Glenn
10-1/4 to 10-3/8"

Very conservative, but consistant!!!!
Thanks for sharing Rick, Gotta run about 11" w/ the P-230 up here. Motors don't sound like they're turning any faster than the 67-80 boats-but consistant and speed does not fall off in the corners. Think I have 9 different props to try
ohmy.gif
blink.gif
laugh.gif
. Appreciate everyones help!!!

Glenn

Hey HJ

On my pay N' pak sport 20 I plan on experimenting with Octura's 1740, 1740/3 and X640. I'm using a OPS .21 side exhaust with a OPS pipe. Hope ya can catch up :p

Catch up? I might be half a lap ahead before you cross the start line :p

BTW, the sawdust starts flying on Monday, now that I'm FINALLY HOME :rolleyes:

Hey HJ

On my pay N' pak sport 20 I plan on experimenting with Octura's 1740, 1740/3 and X640. I'm using a OPS .21 side exhaust with a OPS pipe. Hope ya can catch up
tongue.gif
No offence R.J. or H.J. but I started this post to learn more about spt. 40 props. If you would like to talk about .21's start your own thread.

Glenn

Latest posts

Back