Seaducer 33" with Neu Motor

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whenever I can I place the motor right on the CG as Darin said, the only boat I have built thus far that you cannot do this with is the Seaducer. At least I couldn't since I was so limited in my battery placement. I you have a way of placing the batteries that allows for lots of movement that do exactly what Darin said ... it works very well. If you find you cannot move them around as much as you'd like you're going to have to spend extra time laying out the boat. Place all the static hardware in the boat less the motor. Then place the batteries wherever you get the most mobility. Finally place the motor so you can move your CG between 8-11" of the transom. It takes awhile, but there are not a ton of options with the Seaducers other than adding wieght. Follow the setup from Jerry to start and then play around with it as you figure out how it like to run.

A good running Seaducer is something else. The speed and the cornering are amazing. They are a big handful in the straights and if you don't have your setup right the boat will hook wildly in the corners. However, once you get it right there isn't a better running boat (some equal ones, but not better :p )

Oh ... and order a Nitro Weight hull ... don't worry about the extra wieght, you'll have more power than you can use. I have some pics of my boat in my Gallery in Rumrunner if you want to see how my boat is setup.

Thanks Guys,

Jimi, I saw your pics on Rum Runners. I'll go with the 2" stringer spacing and nitro weight hull. Batteries, speed control and motor are all on order, jsut need to call Jerry next.

You are right about the Ducer's, they fly when they are set-up correctly. My 90 SD3 is a blast. There is some video of it in a District 19 race here: Seaducer 90

Tyler

Thanks guys this is a very good topic !!

great info , and pics!

curious where to get those connectors in the pics here in oz ??

i am running everything up under the deck , with my 30" 6s2p setup and i cant keep it on the water now. how the heack are you guys keeping them on the water with the gear in the back of the hull ???

4" trim tabs ??

Thanks

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
also watching this thread, about to start my 33" (probably do the 29" at the same time). Want to go 6S, but have a 4S option.

thanks for the continuing info guys... it's gold!

Finally finished mine about two weeks ago and tried running last weekend in 25 mph winds. Ran pretty good with a 1521/1.5D on 4S2P with a X447/3. Had some leakage around the strut so I couldn't get in enough testing. Great fun though, but taping the hatch every time is beginning to become old.
Here are some pics of the finished boat:

Seaducer SD3 P-Mono pic 1

Seaducer SD3 P-Mono pic 2

Seaducer SD3 P-Mono pic 3

Seaducer SD3 P-Mono pic 4

Tyler
Tyler. I like your forward mounting of the motor. It gives a smooth bend in the flex shaft = less friction.

Does this boat still have the hook in the bottom without the original rails ?

How far forward from the transom is the balance point on the boat ?

Finally finished mine about two weeks ago and tried running last weekend in 25 mph winds. Ran pretty good with a 1521/1.5D on 4S2P with a X447/3. Had some leakage around the strut so I couldn't get in enough testing. Great fun though, but taping the hatch every time is beginning to become old.
Here are some pics of the finished boat:

Seaducer SD3 P-Mono pic 1

Seaducer SD3 P-Mono pic 2

Seaducer SD3 P-Mono pic 3

Seaducer SD3 P-Mono pic 4

Tyler
Tyler. I like your forward mounting of the motor. It gives a smooth bend in the flex shaft = less friction.

Does this boat still have the hook in the bottom without the original rails ?

How far forward from the transom is the balance point on the boat ?
Richard, In hind site monting the motor closer to rear might have been better for the CG. It was a little too far forward for the SD3. I had set it up at 33%, but it ran really wet and I coul not really move the motor or speed control back to adjust the CG. The Hook was still in the bottom. I glassed the tub to retain some stiffness when I removed the rails. Didn't notice any difference before or after. Balance point was limited to 33% or greater.

Tyler

Latest posts

Back