Ron Olson

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one does. What is even stranger is that most others don't like cell phone use inside the buildings yet here you just can't use them around patients that have EKG telemetry, something that just about every patient on this floor is wearing.

Computer use isn't that well known of up here unless you ask. I complained that the other hospital here in town has computers, kind of like Web TV but I'm using an HP laptop, better than what I use at home in some ways (I really don't care that much for laptops).

The surgeon showed up this afternoon and said that I should be getting the boot out of here tomorrow afternoon.

Hey Ron good to hear you will be home soon. Exactly what king of hospital has internet access for heart patients?
I have had open heart...."twice".I know what you are going thru.You will learn to grab that pillow "hard" before you cough. ;)

This should make you all chuckle.

The last time I had open heart was a year ago in Marshfield Wisconsin.Compared to the first time I had it 15 years ago,it was almost drive-thru.

There was a DSL Internet connection in the visiting room on the Cardiac Care floor where I was staying.

The surgeon that had drawn my case was a full blown Pakastani.I am here to tell you that S.O.B. was a magnificent surgeon with a great sense of humor.

For something to do,while waiting for my surgery,I went on-line in that visiting room and checked on my cardiac surgeons resume',qualifications and experience. :D He had done over 1800 procedures in the 7 years he had been in the United States.

As a joke,I told him that I had sent my attorney his e-mail address and phone number,with a photo, just to let him know he was on the watch list. :D :D

He informed me the next day,4 hours prior to my surgery, to enjoy the 3 enemas he ordered for me in my pre-surgery instructions to the nurses. :unsure: Opps!

After the surgery it seemed like it took me [2] weeks to re-fill the pipeline. :D

Hey Ron good to hear you will be home soon. Exactly what king of hospital has internet access for heart patients?
I have had open heart...."twice".I know what you are going thru.You will learn to grab that pillow "hard" before you cough. ;)

This should make you all chuckle.

The last time I had open heart was a year ago in Marshfield Wisconsin.Compared to the first time I had it 15 years ago,it was almost drive-thru.

There was a DSL Internet connection in the visiting room on the Cardiac Care floor where I was staying.

The surgeon that had drawn my case was a full blown Pakastani.I am here to tell you that S.O.B. was a magnificent surgeon with a great sense of humor.

For something to do,while waiting for my surgery,I went on-line in that visiting room and checked on my cardiac surgeons resume',qualifications and experience. :D He had done over 1800 procedures in the 7 years he had been in the United States.

As a joke,I told him that I had sent my attorney his e-mail address and phone number,with a photo, just to let him know he was on the watch list. :D :D

He informed me the next day,4 hours prior to my surgery, to enjoy the 3 enemas he ordered for me in my pre-surgery instructions to the nurses. :unsure: Opps!

After the surgery it seemed like it took me [2] weeks to re-fill the pipeline. :D
Rod, that was good, I'm grinnin' my ass off right now. :)

Every patient up here that has open-heart surgery is given a little pillow red with a handle on it. Printed on it is a drawing of a heart to that a cardiologist or surgeon can draw where they worked on you at plus you can get autographs or hot nurses phone numbers with the included felt-tipped pen. When you do you hallway walks, you know who had open-heart done by their little pillow. Yeah, coughing hurts like Hell but you have to do it to clear your lungs after surgery. I choked on a little milk this morning and thought that I was going to die.

Back