Returning to the water after 20ish years

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin "BeaVe" BeVier

Hi, i'm returning to R/C boats after a 20ish year absence, my last boat was a Dumas scarab 45" powered originally by an Echo 22cc weedwacker engine, that was replaced after awhile with a BH hanson G230PUM. i sold the boat, the motor was my old man's, a few years after that my brother put together a 45" Dumas scarab with the same G230 in it, this time around it has a modified piston in it, i'm not sure how stock the engine is, but the boat hasn't seen water in 17 years.

my current plans are to get this boat up and running on the water, get some speed out of it, figure out how to get telemetry to work on my radio (radiomaster MT12) and eventually move on to building a zippkits SS mono with a G260pum.

i've been racing R/C cars for the past 4-5 years, i may need to update electronics in this boat, what should i be looking for in servos? i remember running a big 1/4 scale servo for the rudder, how fast should my servos be?

also, what kind of speeds should i expect out of this boat?

this video is the last time it was on the water. to me it looks like its riding a little heavy in the water, but i'm not totally sure.

Quick update, engine runs again, radio gear is in the boat, power to the receiver is being goofy, I'm not messing around with questionable radio gear.

If you have a 75mgz radio system they will work just fine BUT.. any metal to metal contacting parts..in particular servo links and what not.. CAN cause servos to jump around. (as well as other issues)

Latest posts

Back