RC Drag boats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charles,

Do you have a clutch in them?

I always thought drag racing would be a cool idea! More places to run too! A canal or narrow pond would work. I wonder if the FE guys have gotten into Drags? Lots of potential there too!

Oh my! So many toys! Not enough time!

No no clutch yet just doin saw runs on the lake . In the early 90s I wanted to change from mud racing and go into top alcohol drag boat . After going to avents I didnt like the Idea of dieing in one or being crippled in one . I love the styling and speed . sence having children i decided to do rc boats and change it up a little . I am thinking of a over drive for a Big block thought instead of a clutch to get the prop spining like the faster electrics . Andy your one of the fastest what do you think later Charlie in Alaska OH ya cant wait to try this nitrous system

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey charles

It maybe a long time before the thaw I heard you got eleven feet of snow. NASTY

No no clutch yet just doin saw runs on the lake . In the early 90s I wanted to change from mud racing and go into top alcohol drag boat . After going to avents I didnt like the Idea of dieing in one or being crippled in one . I love the styling and speed . sence having children i decided to do rc boats and change it up a little . I am thinking of a over drive for a Big block thought instead of a clutch to get the prop spining like the faster electrics . Andy your one of the fastest what do you think later Charlie in Alaska OH ya cant wait to try this nitrous system
Yes Charles! Overdrive will be the way to go fast...just like the Top Fuel Hydro guys do it. Spin a prop 40,000!

I remember back in the late 80's there were two guys at a race in Dallas the held what the claimed was the first ever RC drag boat race. If I remember right they were both using sport 20 kind of boat with 45 motors in them. The motors had clutches and they were able to drive their boats down to the end of the course and get them lined up together with them sitting still in the water with the motors idleing. When they called "green flag" they both nailed the throttle and off they went! I don't remember the "race" being all that special, but it WAS very cool they they were able to make the clutches work and actually do a real drag race!

Glenn

Man that sounds sooper cool . next winter I might do a clutch in one . Glen can you get any more info on that and does any one do clutches for a 67 or 80 motors .

Hey hey mike just got the Hydro in today very very nice ! Thanks for the extra efort . man I would be interested in in them what did you use them for and can you post a picture thanks again Charlie

Jim , thats a sweet boat! What type of speed are you lookin at running. Are you going to do the problem child paint skeem . I like the Original 1997 paint job . I want to see a video and more pics on your progress . Dude 1992 I was looking into racing a real top alki hydro but I didnt like the odds of death or being mamed so got back into rc boating and took a 40 pay and pack and stuck a K&B 67 in it and gave it the Just another toy paint skeem. Also did a Sk daddle 60 into a TF flat bottom Ill get some pics thanks again Charles

View attachment 43402

View attachment 43403

View attachment 43405

Last edited by a moderator:
Back