radio choices

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is suppose be the difference between the FF and the FS receivers??????
603FF has a single external antenna

603FS has an external antenna and a second internal antenna. This offers what is called "dual diversity".

In the examples immediately above, I'd probably lean towards the 603FS.

i'm asking this as a question, not doubting anybody. on the 2 different futaba 2.4 rx's, isn't one supposed to be for conversion modules, and the other for a system that left the factory as 2.4 ? thought i had read that somewhere on futaba's site :huh: ?

i'm asking this as a question, not doubting anybody. on the 2 different futaba 2.4 rx's, isn't one supposed to be for conversion modules, and the other for a system that left the factory as 2.4 ? thought i had read that somewhere on futaba's site :huh: ?
Nope. Either receiver works with any and all 3 or 4 channel Futaba FASST 2.4 systems regardless of whether or not they have a module or built in RF deck.

The only difference between the two is the 603FS has TWO antennas, one external and a second internal one. It will help in installations where you might be having issues. The second antenna just makes it ore likely to have a seamless link.

I use both and honestly have not seen a bit of difference between them in my boats.

http://2.4gigahertz.com/receivers/index.html

The Tower site has some verbiage that may lead you to think this. But then consider that the new 3GR-FS 3-channel FASST radio comes with the 603FF while the 3-VCS comes with the 603FS. Both have "built in" RF decks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be the one to voice against all this here.
I have been racing RC since my boy was 11, he is now 31. We have raced with RCU here in the Northwest since 1996.

2 years ago we introduced 2.4 to boats up here. We had success in cars with it so why not in boats. We soon found out that not only did our steering servos pull down enough power from the receiver to allow minor glitching but the most insignificant amount of condensation in the radio box was a killer. We warned others to steer clear as we moved back to OEM receivers with our Aitronics M11s. To no avail we saw boats hitting the beach.

Don't get me wrong, it may work for some. We are not willing to accept the risk.

The good news! As others still commit to the 2.4 systems it just opens our frequencies back up for us.

Bill,

Honestly.. its to bad it was not a Futaba.. you would have a different opinion im sure of it.

I was at a show this last week (las Vegas) and we still see the others failing…. I don’t get it.. Not picking on any one MFG here.. I saw all other current MFGs systems except futaba fail in one way or the other in the last few weeks. To bad.. hope it does not leave a black cloud over Futabas 2.4 effort.

Take care man..

Grim

Back