Stick radio's vs Pistol radio's.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I had a shot of Marty's radio about now :eek: :eek: :eek:

7-11 used to sell the tubes for it :p

The built in groovometer is special though :lol:

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
A wheel radio is the one with the pistol grip and steering wheel on the side instead of the twin sticks like an airplane style radio
Oh, thanks.

Was wondering what those guys were up to, didn't see a slot car track for miles but it looked like that's what they were doing... :huh:

Here's my current "controller":

Module_026.jpg
I LOVE THOSE....!!! i shoulda got one back in the day...i wish Futaba would go retro and bring some of thier metal cased transmitters back with todays electronics... ive got a bunch of the brown metal cased 2 channel stick and wheel radios....loved em! Plastic transmitters feel like toys to me....i use both stick and wheel transmitters...i can drive like crap with either! :D
Wad 'em up and throw them away Bill !!! Time to move on and stop polishing the foggy past !! All the adjustability of the 3 PK and the like is very nice ..i sucessfully made the transition to the wheel years ago and love it !! Whatever works for the individual is good , Race boats period , radios serve no purpose on the shelf like my airplane radios that all need new Nicads !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
don't laugh, i still have one of these in the closet,and it still works just fine. :D

A wheel radio is the one with the pistol grip and steering wheel on the side instead of the twin sticks like an airplane style radio
Oh, thanks.

Was wondering what those guys were up to, didn't see a slot car track for miles but it looked like that's what they were doing... :huh:

Module_026.jpg
I LOVE THOSE....!!! i shoulda got one back in the day...i wish Futaba would go retro and bring some of thier metal cased transmitters back with todays electronics... ive got a bunch of the brown metal cased 2 channel stick and wheel radios....loved em! Plastic transmitters feel like toys to me....i use both stick and wheel transmitters...i can drive like crap with either! :D
Wad 'em up and throw them away Bill !!! Time to move on and stop polishing the foggy past !! All the adjustability of the 3 PK and the like is very nice ..i sucessfully made the transition to the wheel years ago and love it !! Whatever works for the individual is good , Race boats period , radios serve no purpose on the shelf like my airplane radios that all need new Nicads !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
don't laugh, i still have one of these in the closet,and it still works just fine. :D

I meant Bills old BROWN box AM sets !!!! ( I still have one too !)

Hi Tim

AISB, I've got the Futaba 2.4 3-channel FASST system with diversity receiver and so far no range issues whatsoever on the water. Our practice lake in Canberra is not that large, but it's still racing distance.

This is the version designed for cars and boats that comes in stick,(and wheel IIRC). One antenna is inside the receiver, the other is externalised like all the other 2.4 gig stuff. You can buy the receivers in bulk:)

I think you can have full confidence in this type of system. I've sent moving pictures across water at 2.5 GHz in the past with single frequency and no diversity and this stuff is 100% by comparison plus you get the pairing of receiver to individual tx feature as well.

Cheers

Oh, thanks.

Module_026.jpg
too funny TK!

What is that thing?! I couldn't make it to th start with that! Lol

I wish I had a shot of Marty's radio about now :eek: :eek: :eek:

7-11 used to sell the tubes for it :p

The built in groovometer is special though :lol:

Andy

;) ;) ;)

I never have any problem finding MY RADIO....

Oh, thanks.

Module_026.jpg
Don't take any prisoners Terry K. I still like the metal boxes! :lol:

Rick

Mine came out of the closet somewhere in the 90's, was AM but really wanted to be FM.

Now it thinks it's 2.4, what's the world coming to!!! :eek:

Module_026.jpg
Terry,

I notice that your right stick rotates up and down and your left stick rotates left and right, just the opposite of my stick radio. Does the right stick still control rudder?

This set up would really throw me (or my boat ) for a loop!

Terry,

I notice that your right stick rotates up and down and your left stick rotates left and right, just the opposite of my stick radio. Does the right stick still control rudder?

This set up would really throw me (or my boat ) for a loop!
I meant to add, when it first came out of the closet it was Mode II and AM, then it went to Mode I, then FM, then 2.4. :wacko:

What's next? :blink:

I meant to add, when it first came out of the closet it was Mode II and AM, then it went to Mode I, then FM, then 2.4. :wacko:

What's next? :blink:
Telemetry. You'd have to use analogue guages rather than a screen though, to keep the retro look :p

Back