Radio box

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WikiWiki1

Supporting Member
I'm changing my boat over from a built in radio box to a removable type. Anyone have a good compact design they could share with me? My boat has 4" rails. I can see several ways to build it, but would like to draw on some experience to avoid making too many mistakes. I have to fit in one standard rudder servo and two micro servos for throttle and mixture as well as the reciever and battery.

Thanks, Brent

I'm changing my boat over from a built in radio box to a removable type. Anyone have a good compact design they could share with me? My boat has 4" rails. I can see several ways to build it, but would like to draw on some experience to avoid making too many mistakes. I have to fit in one standard rudder servo and two micro servos for throttle and mixture as well as the reciever and battery.
Thanks, Brent
I make a fiberglass radio box that is 7 1/2 long and 3 7/8 wide in the rear of the box, 2 1/2 tall at the rear ,the box moves in at the frt of the box to 2'' tall and 1 1/2 wide. I use it in almost all my boat I make. Box and lid are $30.00 plus shipping Thanks Doug DPS Racing Hulls

Gary Preusse used to make a radio box kit, complete with all the fittings. It was very light and sealed really well. The lid was held on with small brass channels. You can search the forum for his phone number - G&M Models

Gary's phone number is 630-279-2451

Gary Preusse used to make a radio box kit, complete with all the fittings. It was very light and sealed really well. The lid was held on with small brass channels. You can search the forum for his phone number - G&M Models

There is a guy in Jackson Tn who will make any size out of what looks like a pvc material. Try Mark Hopper on here

The guy is Rick Kelly he is a great guy a long time ago boater. He vacum fomrs the boxes Bill McgGraw also has his contact infomation

There is a guy in Jackson Tn who will make any size out of what looks like a pvc material. Try Mark Hopper on here

Back