Question on futaba fasst 2.4

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rumrunner

Does the antenna have to come out of the radio box or can it stay inside the radio box?

thanks shane

Does the antenna have to come out of the radio box or can it stay inside the radio box?thanks shane
Futaba recommends running it outside the box in a vertical orientation.

However, many people report good results running it inside the box.

Keep in mind that the only part that is actually antenna is the bare wire bit at the end, the rest is very small diameter shielded coaxial cable.

Does the antenna have to come out of the radio box or can it stay inside the radio box?thanks shane
2.4 is vertically polarized, the last one inch of the lead, the actual antenna, need to be vertical and clear of any metal or carbon fiber. That came right from Futaba and when I talked to one of the techs and told him that people were leaving them in the box he thought I was screwing with him. When I told him I was serious he said hold on and yelled over to another guy saying "man you're not gonna believe this!" If you find it difficult getting that last inch up where it needs to be, Futaba has released a 15.75" replacement antenna designed specifically for the boats, it even says "boat only" in the item description. I just got done switching out all my 603FS rx's to the longer one, sure makes things real easy and all my antennas are 7" total above the deck. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
2.4 is vertically polarized, the last one inch of the lead, the actual antenna, need to be vertical and clear of any metal or carbon fiber. That came right from Futaba and when I talked to one of the techs and told him that people were leaving them in the box he thought I was screwing with him. When I told him I was serious he said hold on and yelled over to another guy saying "man you're not gonna believe this!" If you find it difficult getting that last inch up where it needs to be, Futaba has released a 15.75" replacement antenna designed specifically for the boats, it even says "boat only" in the item description. I just got done switching out all my 603FS rx's to the longer one, sure makes things real easy and all my antennas are 7" total above the deck. B)
hey don, i just bought new 2.4 set up from remy at areomarine and he told me he runs ant in box also with no problems, i told him about ext for ant

and he asked me if i can get part#? also how easy is it to change to longer wire? thanks very much,mike.

hey don, i just bought new 2.4 set up from remy at areomarine and he told me he runs ant in box also with no problems, i told him about ext for ant

and he asked me if i can get part#? also how easy is it to change to longer wire? thanks very much,mike.
Here ya go-#HSP79766 - 9M08A17301 ANT BOAT ONLY 400MM

Changing it is easy, carefully pop open case and the antenna snaps off the board via gold plated connector. Just be careful, take your time and route the new antenna out exactly like the old one and you will be fine. Should take less than 5 minutes to do. B)

Don, where did you order those antenna's from? I looked on Tower and on the Futaba web site and could not find them. the part number doesn't look like a Futaba or Tower number.

Don, where did you order those antenna's from? I looked on Tower and on the Futaba web site and could not find them. the part number doesn't look like a Futaba or Tower number.
Call Futaba Service Center or have your LHS order them. Would be great if that could become an option that you could buy your rx with it installed already as it makes switching from a 27 or 75mhz radios a snap. B)

Keep in mind that this is not really a longer antenna. It is the same antenna on the end of a longer piece of coaxial cable. This allows you to get the actual antenna section up and out of larger hulls. I have not found it to be an issue with the standard antenna. The "longer" antenna does not provide a stronger signal unless you have so much stuff in the way that the regular antennas cannot get clear of the obstructions. In fact, the longer coaxial cable will yield a slightly weaker signal at the RX due to line loss. Probably not enough to make a difference, but it is there none the less.

Ive been running mine inside the radio box for a while now and have not had one issue... actually since i went to the FASST i haven't had an issue!! best money I ever spent i think. ;)

i run mine in a htb tunnel,, i originally set up the radio box so that the antenna tube is only like 1 1/2" long,, so the end of mine sticks out of the radio box, still not long enough to pop through the cowl, i personally like the look of no antenna... point being that one day my buddy told me thier was no way that antenna would work coiled inside the box.. well i ran all day that day with the thing just coiled in the bottom of the radio box,, so i had no obvious difference from when it was sticking out or coiled inside..

killer radio system

alden

Back